Monitoring and Managing WebLogic Applications is a Challenge
WebLogic performance issues such as slow-downs impact your business resulting in lost revenues, customer dissatisfaction & poor reputation. And WebLogic troubleshooting requires identifying the source of the problem: Is it the database? The network? Your application? Or the messaging server?
eG Enterprise offers a single pane-of-glass view of your entire WebLogic infrastructure.
The Challenge: Simplifying Multi-Tier WebLogic Application Troubleshooting
- Your mission-critical business services are web-based
- You have deployed a scalable, multi-tier infrastructure with web front-ends, middleware application servers such as Oracle WebLogic hosting the business logic, and backend databases for data access.
- Periodically, user accesses to your business service are slow, or the service is not available.
- Finding the real bottleneck takes time: The network? The web front-end? The Oracle WebLogic application server? Your application logic? The database server? Your queries?
- With a multi-tier application, often one tier depends on another (e.g., the middleware WebLogic application tier depends on the database tier). So a slow-down in one tier impacts all. Troubleshooting and diagnosis is very hard because it is difficult to determine where a problem originated and what is being impacted.
Multi-tier WebLogic applications are often hard to troubleshoot. A performance problem in one tier (e.g., the database) can impact all the other tiers (e.g., WebLogic server, Web server).
Comprehensive, end-to-end monitoring of the availability and performance of the WebLogic application infrastructure is required to determine where the bottleneck lies.
eG Enterprise: Automated, Unified Network, Application, Virtualization Performance Reporting
The eG Enterprise suite offers in-depth monitoring of every layer of every tier of the infrastructure. Service performance is monitored by external emulation of user accesses to the infrastructure or by using passive monitors for web server front-ends. Customized monitors for middleware application servers like WebLogic and WebSphere offer visibility into the performance of the key business logic components that are hosted on these servers.
In-depth visibility into WebLogic's JRockit or Sun Java Virtual Machine (JVM) enables operators to
- See the critical threads running in the JVM
- Detect unexpected synchronization issues between threads
- Identify runaway threads
- Pinpoint the exact line of code that is causing the problem
The usage of the database connection pools and the most expensive queries to the database are reported as part of eG Enterprise's detailed diagnosis capability. Using a patented root-cause analysis engine, eG Enterprise analyzes the performance of the network, server, applications, and database tiers and correlates these metrics in real-time and to determine where the bottlenecks are.
- Single-pane-of-glass visibility: Deep Oracle WebLogic monitoring tools plus insights across your physical and virtual infrastructure
- Helps eliminate downtime and application slowdowns with automatic root-cause diagnosis and proactive alerts
- Lowers support costs
- 100% web-based architecture for anywhere-access
- Data analysis, trending, and reporting capabilities for future planning and increased ROI
Why eG? One Monitor to Manage All of IT.
- eG Enterprise is the only single pane-of-glass, virtualization-aware, auto-diagnostic performance monitor
- Only eG Enterprise automatically provides actionable answers to performance issues, wherever they originate
- Get visibility across every tier of the physical and virtual infrastructure
- Automate the identification of performance issues with patented correlation-intelligence technology
- Pinpoint where urgent problems originate and exactly what tiers and processes are being affected
- Ensure a great user experience and dramatically improve IT efficiency
“With eG Innovations, we are reducing system maintenance and support costs, avoiding incremental IT spending and eliminating system downtime across the hospital. Performance and prediction reports help us optimize IT spending and save $100,000 per year.”
Manager, ICT GHZ
“We can now quickly identify root causes of incidents, resolving them before users are impacted. Automatic prioritization and categorization of alerts helps us better focus on the important issues and prioritize our resources accordingly.”
Senior Consultant, C5 Alliance
“eG Innovations delivers a robust, reliable and extremely valuable solution to deliver maximum uptime and user satisfaction. Pre-emptive alerting helps us to address performance issues immediately before they affect system and application availability.”
Senior Manager, Allscripts