On March 31st, Citrix Presentation Server 4.5 and XenApp 5.0 will reach end of life status. This rapidly approaching deadline makes upgrading to Citrix XenApp 6.5, a high priority for Citrix organizations. This migration also is a catalyst for many companies to virtualize their XenApp environments as well.
This migration can cause a wholesale change in your IT environment because you may have to upgrade to XenApp6.5, 64 bit, Win2008 R2, and virtualization simultaneously. These changes are significant and disruptive but necessary to transform your XenApp environment to take advantages of various advantages the new versions offer. However, this transformation typically introduces a slew of management challenges during and after the migration. How can you transition to the newer platforms without impacting user productivity and business processes?
To manage the transformation effectively, it will be necessary to understand performance and gain visibility throughout all IT tiers including users, applications, OS, virtualization, data, network etc. You will need a solution that can correlate performance, availability, “fault” and capacity data and provide meaningful information that helps you make the right decisions. Having this clarity will help you to identify infrastructure weaknesses s both before and after the upgrade to insure optimum performance and end-user satisfaction.
eG Innovations has the right solution to simplify the complexity of the migration process and deliver a high performing IT environment before, after and during your migration:
- Baseline performance of the existing XenApp Service to understand current application and user behavior and isolate resource intensive candidates.
- Know what is working, and what is not, with total performance visibility and management of every layer and tier of the new upgraded service. This includes support for XenApp servers, support systems such as Provisioning Server, database, web interface, netscaler, virtual or physical infrastructure, storage and network elements.
- Identify potential problems with real-time insights and “deep visibility” into actual user sessions and applications.
- Isolate legacy applications that have compatibility issues with the newer version of XenApp.
- Understand the bottlenecks that impact the migration and that lead to sub-optimal user experience.
- Pre-emptively detect, correlate and remediate performance problems before they start impacting users Gain a clear picture of how the migration has affected your IT environment and how to leverage the infrastructure more efficiently.
For a more in-depth look at how eG Innovations ensures a great user experience before, during and after the XenApp migration, join us for a webinar “Citrix XenApp 6.5 Performance – How To Ensure A Great End User Experience Before, During and After Your Upgrade” on March 28that 11am US PT | 12 US CT | 2pm US ET. Register now: https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/841262904
How some of our partners address the XenApp 4.5/5.0 end of life:
RES Software (http://blog.ressoftware.com/index.php/2013/02/12/notes-from-the-road-22-the-end-is-near/)
WhiteHat Virtual Technologies (http://www.whitehatvirtual.com/blog/bid/232849/5-Business-Reasons-to-Upgrade-from-Citrix-4-5-to-6-5)