How eG Enterprise customers stand to benefit more from the recently announced Nutanix – Citrix partnership
A few weeks ago, we had the great pleasure to be involved with and sponsor the Nutanix NEXT event (21 September 2021), where we saw some really exciting announcements around the Nutanix-Citrix Partnership.
You can read their full press release, here, but the key point is that:
“The two companies are announcing a strategic partnership through which they will provide secure, on-demand, and elastic access to apps, desktops, and data from any device, at any location, at any scale through Nutanix hyperconverged infrastructure (HCI) and hybrid multi-cloud deployments of Citrix DaaS and Virtual Apps and Desktops services.”
Beyond the technical integrations between their respective products, this should mean that the companies will also work together on go-to-market programs and enablement, product roadmaps, and customer support. For those already combining Nutanix and Citrix technologies, this hopefully should mean a better customer experience.
How eG Enterprise can help you take advantage of Citrix with Nutanix
The strengthened relationship and product integration is likely to accelerate the uptake and demand to combine these two technologies. Having long supported both the full Citrix and Nutanix stacks along with over 200+ other technologies, including the VMware stack, Microsoft Azure, on-prem infrastructure, etc. we can help those looking to monitor and manage Citrix with Nutanix in several ways:
- For those looking to migrate from a traditional Citrix stack to Citrix on Nutanix, using the same product pre-migration and afterwards allows you to baseline and assess the performance and success of the systems.
- eG Enterprise’s forecasting, capacity planning, and historical reporting tools are all included in the core single product allowing you to plan your migration based on accurate, real data to mitigate risks.
- Transferable licensing allows you to move your eG licences with your users as you migrate between technologies so that you don’t get left behind with shelf-ware for the deprecated systems.
- A single monitoring and management solution and console allows you to monitor both technologies within the same interface avoiding the need for staff to become domain experts or add and skill-up on yet another console.
- Proactive alerting, in-depth reporting, plus real-time and trending dashboards in eG Enterprise help admins resolve issues before they impact user experience. The AIOps platform within eG Enterprise provides embedded intelligence that provides root cause diagnosis.
- Our experience with both Citrix and Nutanix means that metric thresholds are pre-configured based on industry-defined experience and our dynamic auto-tuning will adjust to your particular systems. No configuration is required with pre-set and out-of-the-box dashboards, monitors, and auto-discovery of technology inventory. This means an administrator new to Nutanix or Citrix will not have to try to figure out how to set up alerts on events, logs, and metrics for the technology they are adopting.
- Multi-vendor strategies are becoming normal. Beyond Citrix and Nutanix, we can support all the other infrastructure, clouds, and applications you likely need to manage and monitor… From F5 load balancers to Oracle DBs to Microsoft IIS and SharePoint servers! The full list is here: IT Monitoring Technologies & Supported Platforms.
- eG Innovations is a certified partner of both Nutanix (details) and Citrix (details) and our solutions are tested and validated for customer assurance.
If you missed Nutanix NEXT, the sessions are available on demand and if interested in Citrix plus Nutanix solutions, the session BS37: End User Computing Deep Dive: Architect a Robust Solution with Nutanix and Citrix from EUC veterans Kees Baggerman and Jarian Gibson is probably a must to catch up on (see the NEXT website to view).
- There’s been quite a lot of discussion within the IT press about the partnership and you will find commentary on the partnership on most major sites: Nutanix and Citrix partner for cloud play – ARN (arnnet.com.au), Nutanix and Citrix forge partnership over hybrid work technology | IT PRO and Nutanix partners with Citrix to deliver remote work solutions across private and public clouds – Help Net Security
- Information regarding eG Enterprise support for Nutanix is available, here: Nutanix Monitoring – Hyperconverged Infrastructure Visibility (eginnovations.com)
- Information regarding eG Enterprise support for Citrix technologies (beyond CVAD, eG Enterprise supports PVS, NetScaler (now ADC), Storefront, Citrix Cloud, and lots more) is available, here: Citrix Monitoring: Built by Citrix Pros for Best Citrix Performance (eginnovations.com)
- Watch a quick overview video on eG Enterprise’s support for Nutanix, here: https://youtu.be/ZWQBwttd1sQ