Managing the IBM pSeries
eG Enterprise cannot automatically discover the IBM pSeries server. This implies that you need to manually add the IBM pSeries server using eG admin interface. Remember that components manually added are managed automatically. To manage a IBM pSeries server, do the following:
- Log into the eG administrative interface.
- Follow the Components -> Add/Modify menu sequence in the Infrastructure tile of the Admin menu.
In the COMPONENT page that appears next, select IBM pSeries as the Component type. Then, click the Add New Component button. This will invoke Figure 1.
Specify the Host IP/Name and Nick name of the IBM pSeries server in the Figure 1. Note that the Nick name provided in should match the output of the following command:
lssyscfg –r sys –F ipaddr:name
- Then, click on the Add button to register the changes.
When you attempt to sign out, a list of unconfigured tests appears as shown in Figure 2.
Figure 2 : List of Unconfigured tests to be configured for the IBM pSeries server
Click on any test in the list of unconfigured tests to configure it. For instance, click on the AIX LPAR Guests test to configure it. In the page that appears, specify the parameters as shown in Figure 3.
- To know how to configure the tests, refer to Monitoring AIX LPARs on IBM pSeries Servers chapter.
- Finally, signout of the eG administrative interface.