Managing the BlackBerry 4x Server
The eG Enterprise cannot automatically discover the BlackBerry server so that you need to manually add the component for monitoring. To manage a BlackBerry component, do the following:
- Log into the eG administrative interface.
- Follow the Components -> Add/Modify menu sequence in the Infrastructure tile of the Admin menu.
In the COMPONENT page that appears next, select BlackBerry 4x as the Component type. Then, click the Add New Component button. This will invoke Figure 1.
- Specify Host IP/Name and Nick name of the BlackBerry 4x server in Figure 1. Then, click on the Add button to register the changes.
When you attempt to sign out, a list of unconfigured tests pertaining to the BlackBerry 4x server appears (see Figure 2).
Click on any test in the list of unconfigured tests. For instance, click on the BlackBerry Dispatcher test to configure it. In the page that appears, specify the parameters as shown in Figure 3.
- To know how to configure parameters, refer to Monitoring the BlackBerry Enterprise Server v4.1 (and lesser).
- Finally, signout of the eG administrative interface.
You can follow the procedure explained above to configure the BlackBerry Enterprise Server v5 (or its variants) to work with the eG agent.