Troubleshooting the Failure of the eG Remote Agent to Connect to or Report Measures for Windows 2008 or Windows Vista VMs
The remote agent may not be able to connect to or collect inside view metrics from a VM running Windows 2008 or Windows Vista, if the User Access Control (UAC) feature is enabled on those VMs. In such a case, do the following on each of those VMs to enable the remote agent to connect to them:
- Click Start
- Type REGEDIT
- Press Enter
In the left pane, browse to the following folder:
- Right-click on a blank area in the right pane.
- Click New.
- Click DWORD Value.
- Type LocalAccountTokenFilterPolicy.
- Double-click the item you just created,
- Type 1 into the box that appears.
- Click OK.
- Restart the virtual machine.