Azure Web Audit Logs (classic) Test
For each Azure website hosted on the Azure cloud, this test reports the number of information events that were generated when the test was executed the last time.
This test is disabled by default. To enable the test, go to the enable / disable tests page using the menu sequence : Agents -> Tests -> Enable/Disable, pick Microsoft Azure as the Component type, Performance as the Test type, choose this test from the disabled tests list, and click on the < button to move the test to the ENABLED TESTS list. Finally, click the Update button.
Target of the Test: Microsoft Azure
Agent deploying the test: A remote agent
Output of the test: One set of results for each Azure website hosted on the target Microsoft Azure being monitored
- TEST PERIOD - How often should the test be executed
- Host– The host for which the test is being configured
- SUBSCRIPTION ID- Specify the GUID which uniquely identifies your subscription to the target Microsoft Azure that is to be monitored.
- CERTIFICATE PATH - In order to collect metrics from the target Microsoft Azure, the eG agent communicates via Microsoft Azure Service Management API Requests. By default, a management certificate is required to authenticate Microsoft Azure Service Management API Requests. The Management certificate should be associated with the subscription ID. The management certificate can be created on your own or you can request Microsoft Azure portal to create a certificate on behalf of you. Prior to creating a management certificate, you have to create a keystore. The steps for creating a management certificate and the keystore is discussed elaborately in Section 1.1. The created keystore will reside in the <JAVA_INSTALL_DIR>\jre7\bin folder. Specify the exact path to the keystore file in this text box. If you have requested Microsoft Azure portal to create the management certificate, then, specify the exact path on which you have stored the keystore file. For example, if the keystore file created is WindowsAzureKeyStore.jks and if you have stored it in D:\Azure folder, then specify the CERTIFICATE PATH as D:\Azure\WindowsAzureKeyStore.jks.
- CERTIFICATE PASSWORD - Specify the password that is provided while creating the keystore in this text box.
- confirm password - Confirm the password by retyping it here.
- SHOW INFO DD - By default, this flag is set to No, indicating that by default, the test does not generate detailed measures for information events, so as to conserve storage space. If you want the test to generate and store detailed measures for information events, set the SHOW INFO DD flag to Yes.
- dd frequency - Refers to the frequency with which detailed diagnosis measures are to be generated for this test. The default is 1:1. This indicates that, by default, detailed measures will be generated every time this test runs, and also every time the test detects a problem. You can modify this frequency, if you so desire. Also, if you intend to disable the detailed diagnosis capability for this test, you can do so by specifying none against DD frequency.
- detailed diagnosis - To make diagnosis more efficient and accurate, the eG system embeds an optional detailed diagnostic capability. With this capability, the eG agents can be configured to run detailed, more elaborate tests as and when specific problems are detected. To enable the detailed diagnosis capability of this test for a particular server, choose the On option against DETAILED DIAGNOSIS. To disable the capability, click on the Off option.
The option to selectively enable/disable the detailed diagnosis capability will be available only if the following conditions are fulfilled:
- The eG manager license should allow the detailed diagnosis capability.
- Both the bad and normal frequencies configured for the detailed diagnosis measures should not be 0.
Measures reported by the test:
Indicates the number of information events that were generated for this website during the last execution of the test.
A change in value of this measure may indicate infrequent but successful operations performed by one or more applications.
Please check the Audit Logs available in the Azure storage for more details.