- Enable the remote agent to communicate with the eG manager port (default: 7077).
- Ensure that the remote agent, if installed on a Windows host, runs using domain administrator privileges.
- Ensure that the remote agent has IP connectivity to the Nutanix Prism.
- Ensure that the remote agent has web access to the webport (port 9440, by default) configured for the Nutanix Prism.
All the tests that the remote agent executes should be configured with the IP address of the Nutanix Prism, and the name and password of a user who is assigned a Viewer role on the Prism. It is recommended that you create a special user for this purpose on the Prism and assign the Viewer role to him/her. The steps for creating such a user are as follows:
- Open a browser and connect to the Prism console using the URL: http://<Prism_console_IP>:<Prism_Port>/console. If the Prism is SSL-enabled, then the URL will be: https://<Prism_console_IP>:<Prism_Port>/console
- Login to the console as a Cluster administrator or User administrator.
Figure 1 will then appear.
In the console tool bar, click on the down-arrow next to the tool to view the menu depicted by Figure 2. From the menu, choose the User Management option.
When Figure 4 appears, provide the details of the new user.
- When configuring the new user, make sure that the User Administrator and Cluster Administrator check boxes in Figure 4 are deselected. This is because, any user who is not assigned either of these roles will automatically assume the Viewer role.
- Finally, click the Save button in Figure 4 to save the changes.
Figure 5 will then appear, wherein you can see that the new user has been successfully added, and that the Viewer role has been automatically assigned to this user.
- To monitor the Nutanix Acropolis server v5.5, the JRE 1.8 should be available on the target server.