Configuring the eG manager to Work with CitraTest
Since the component to be monitored in our second example is the Citrix server 192.168.10.28:1494, add this server as an Emulated Client. The procedure for adding an Emulated Client has already been dealt with in Example 1. Therefore, let us proceed to configure the CitraTest for the Citrix server 192.168.10.28:1494.
To achieve this, do the following:
- After adding the Emulated Client 192.168.10.28:1494, attempt to sign out of the eG administrative interface.
- From the list of unconfigured tests that appears, click on CitraClientEmulation test.
In the test configuration page that appears, specify the following (see Figure 1):
- test period – How often should the test be executed
- host – The host on which the test will run. In our example, the test will attempt to extract measures from the host, 192.168.10.28.
- port – The port at which the specified host listens. In our example, this is port 1494 – the port at which the Citrix client listens.
scriptfiles – Specify the full path to the script file that is to be played back for emulating a request to, and extracting metrics from the monitored application. Multiple script files can be provided as a comma-separated list, but all script files should monitor the same application only. In our example, the path to the CitrixEx script has to be specified here.
If the script file resides on another host, then ensure that the location of the script file is mapped to any drive on the measurement host.
outputfiles – Enter the full path to the output file that contains the metrics extracted by the script files specified against the scriptfiles parameter.
- If None is specified here, then the eG system will collect statistics from the default output files associated with each of the specified script files. The default output files will be present in the same location as the respective script files, and will have the same name as the script files. In our example, the value of the outputfiles parameter can remain as None.
- While specifying multiple output files, ensure that they are provided in the same order as their corresponding script files in the scriptfiles text box.
- If the scriptfiles parameter consists of multiple entries and the outputfiles parameter consists of only one, then eG will automatically associate the first script file entry in the scriptfiles box with the outputfiles entry. Measures pertaining to the other script files will therefore not be displayed in the eG monitor interface.
- iscitrix – If the specified script emulates a request to a Citrix client then specify Yes here. If not, specify No. Our example does attempt to extract measures from a Citrix client. Therefore, provide Yes here.
- Finally, click on the Update button in Figure 1, and then, signout of the administrative interface.