Managing the VDI-in-a-Box on VMware vSphere
The eG Enterprise cannot automatically discover the VDI in a Box / VMware so that you need to manually add the component for monitoring. Remember that the eG Enterprise automatically manages the components that are added manually. To manage a VDI in a Box / VMware component, do the following:
- Log into the eG administrative interface.
- Follow the Components -> Add/Modify menu sequence in the Infrastructure tile of the Admin menu.
In the COMPONENT page that appears next, select VDI in a Box / VMware as the Component type. Then, click the Add New Component button. This will invoke Figure 1.
- Specify the Host IP/Name and the Nick name of the VDI in a Box / VMware in Figure 1. Then click on the Add button to register the changes.
Next, when you try to signout of the eG administrative interface, a list of unconfigured tests will appear as shown in Figure 2.
- Click on any test in the list of unconfigured tests.
- Now when you try to signout of the admin interface, you will be prompted to configure a list of tests. Try to configure the Disk Activity – VM test as shown in Figure 2.
- To know more on how to configure the Disk Activity – VM test, Refer to the Monitoring VMware Infrastructures document.
- Finally, you will be prompted to configure the HTTP test when you try to signout of the eG administrative interface. Refer to the Monitoring VDI in a Box document to know more about how to configure the HTTP test.
- With that, test configuration is complete and the VDI in a BOX / VMware is finally ready to be monitored.
You can configure and monitor the VDI in a Box / XenServer and VDI in a Box / Hyper-V models using the same procedure as discussed above for the VDI in a Box / VMware.