Managing VMware Horizon View Connection Server
eG Enterprise can automatically discover the VMware Horizon View Connection Server, and also lets you to manually add the component for monitoring. To manage a VMware Horizon View Connection Server, do the following:
- Log into the eG admin interface.
- If the VMware Horizon View Connection Server is already discovered, then directly proceed towards managing it using the COMPONENTS – MANAGE/UNMANAGE page.
- However, if it is yet to be discovered, then run discovery (Infrastructure -> Components -> Discover) to get it discovered or follow the Components -> Add/Modify menu sequence in the Infrastructure tile of the Admin menu to manually add the component using the COMPONENTS page. Remember that components manually added are managed automatically.
In the COMPONENT page that appears next, select VMware Horizon View Connection Server as the Component type. Then, click the Add New Component button. This will invoke Figure 1.
Specify the Host IP/Name and the Nick name for the VMware Horizon Connection Server component.
- The Port number will be set as 443 by default. If the Connection Server is listening on a different port in your environment, then override this default setting.
- Then, click the Add button to add the Connection Server for monitoring.
Next, try to sign out of the admin interface. Doing so, will bring up the following page as shown in Figure 2, which prompts you to configure a list of unconfigured tests for the VMware Horizon Connection Server.
- Click on any test in the list of unconfigured tests. For instance, click on the Pool Launch Error Details test to configure it. To know how to configure the tests, refer to Monitoring the VMware Horizon Connection Server.
- After configuring all the tests, signout of the eG admin interface.