Enterprise Application Monitoring
Enterprise applications like SAP, Siebel and PeopleSoft are business critical. Slow or poor performance of these applications can result in revenue loss for businesses, unhappy users and lost productivity.
eG Enterprise Universal Insight helps operations teams assure the performance of enterprise applications. By monitoring, analyzing and correlating the performance of all the tiers that support the application, it helps organizations proactively detect and fix issues. Empirical data helps architects optimize and right-size their applications for maximal performance and utilization.
Enterprise applications are being deployed in a multi-tier architecture (web, J2EE, database, etc.). While multi-tier architectures offer scalability, they make monitoring and diagnosis harder. Since there are inter-dependencies between the tiers, a problem in one tier can impact all the other tiers. The administrator's challenge is how quickly he/she can identify where the problem lies (network? firewall? web? Java? SAP? database?) and resolve the problem quickly.
The deployment of enterprise applications on virtual machines poses additional challenges. The application performance is affected by that of the VM and the hypervisor it is running on. Dynamic migration of VMs further accentuates the problem.
eG Innovations provides the best value for the money coupling visibility and excellent reporting. Using their automatic root cause analysis we avoided throwing $$ at the problem and realized $20K in savings - immediately.
CEO, Office Port
Total Performance Management for Enterprise Applications
- In-depth monitoring of enterprise applications such as SAP, Siebel, PeopleSoft and Microsoft Dynamics
- Monitoring of every layer, every tier of the application infrastructure
- Auto-baselining of metrics so that alerts are triggered if any metric deviates from the norm
- Automatic correlation and root-cause diagnosis to allow administrators to diagnose problems with a single click
Deep Insights into Enterprise Application Performance
- Visibility into Java virtual machine (JVM) performance: thread activity, locking, garbage collection, heap and non-heap memory usage, class loading, etc.,
- Enterprise application performance metrics: memory buffer utilization, active users, step-by-step transaction latencies, free worker processes, jobs scheduled and executed, database connections established, application errors, etc.,
- Cross-tier visibility including network, database, virtualization platform and storage
Auto-Baselines the Performance of Each Tier
- Establish time of day baselines for each metric, based on history
- Multi levels of baselines for problem escalation
- Ability for admin specified baselines
- Proactive, multi-modal alerting via email, web, mobile, SMS, trouble tickets, etc.
- Automatic, proactive alerting of issues
Identify the Root-Cause of Performance Problems with One Click
- Represents each tier with a unique hierarchical layer model representation (supported out of the box for 180+ applications and platforms)
- Service topology maps highlight inter-application dependencies
- Auto-discovers hypervisor to VM, VM to application and inter-application dependencies
- Patented automatic correlation technology analyzes performance across tiers and identifies where the root-cause of the problem lies
- By proactively detecting and resolving enterprise application problems quickly, you can ensure business continuity and keep your users productive and satisfied
- Increase business efficiency by ensuring great performance and uptime for enterprise applications (SAP, Siebel, etc.)
- eG Enterprise Universal Insight is a force multiplier for IT productivity. With the total application performance visibility it offers, even helpdesk personnel are empowered to detect and resolve problems quickly
- In-depth analytics enable enterprise architects to optimize their application infrastructure to deliver better performance
- Provide a consistent and unified view for all the different stakeholders in your organization
Why eG? One Monitor to Manage All of IT.
- eG Enterprise is the only single pane-of-glass, virtualization-aware, auto-diagnostic performance monitor
- Only eG Enterprise automatically provides actionable answers to performance issues, wherever they originate
- Get visibility across every tier of the physical and virtual infrastructure
- Automate the identification of performance issues with patented correlation-intelligence technology
- Pinpoint where urgent problems originate and exactly what tiers and processes are being affected
- Ensure a great user experience and dramatically improve IT efficiency