The eG Enterprise Universal Management Pack for Microsoft SCOM
eG Enterprise for SCOM augments Microsoft SCOM to create a single, unified monitoring solution for Microsoft and non-Microsoft servers, virtual platforms and applications. This unique solution makes all of eG Enterprise’s monitoring, diagnosis and reporting capabilities for 180+ applications, 10+ operating systems and 10+ virtual platforms available from the SCOM console itself.
Administrators can continue to use Microsoft SCOM as their primary management console and yet be alerted to performance issues relating to the infrastructure managed by eG Enterprise, including monitoring Citrix, VMWare, SAP, storage, network and much more.
Microsoft System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) is a leading monitoring platform for Microsoft applications. However, SCOM is limited in its support for non-Microsoft systems and applications (e.g., Citrix, SAP, Siebel, VMware, Oracle, Sybase, DB2, Java, etc.).
To extend System Center Operations Manager for heterogeneous environments, multiple SCOM management packs (often from different vendors) must be deployed - one for each non-Microsoft platform. With this "multi-pack approach", administrators get a lot of metrics but little actionable information and no correlated alerts to help them pinpoint the real root-cause of a performance issue. The lack of integration between management packs leads to long problem isolation and diagnosis cycles, resulting in poor user experience and loss in user productivity.
eG Innovations provides the best value for the money coupling visibility and excellent reporting. Using their automatic root cause analysis we avoided throwing $$ at the problem and realized $20K in savings - immediately.
CEO, Office Port
What the eG Enterprise Universal Management Pack for SCOM Offers
- View the state of every layer, every tier from one place - the SCOM console
- Extend SCOM to monitor non-Microsoft applications and platforms (VMware, Citrix, SAP, Siebel, Oracle, Sybase, etc.), make it “virtualization-aware”
- No need to install multiple management pack or login to multiple consoles
- Drill down to pinpoint the cause of problems in SCOM’s diagram view and health explorer views, access knowledge base to see what action needs to be taken
- Launch the eG Enterprise console in context with one click, so you can get detailed diagnosis for problems
- Increase the value of an organization's investments in Microsoft SCOM; Makes the SCOM console a true one-stop shop for performance monitoring, alerting, diagnosis and reporting - within and outside of the Microsoft infrastructure
- Simplify monitoring, diagnosis and troubleshooting – no need to install multiple management packs, or to have separate consoles for each tier
- By reporting the performance for each layer of every tier, this integrated solution enables clear demarcation of where the problem lies and who needs to fix the problem
- Resolve problems faster using ready access to detailed diagnosis and knowledge-base information. This results in improved service uptime, better user experience, and reduced problem firefighting time
Why eG? One Monitor to Manage All of IT.
- eG Enterprise is the only single pane-of-glass, virtualization-aware, auto-diagnostic performance monitor
- Only eG Enterprise automatically provides actionable answers to performance issues, wherever they originate
- Get visibility across every tier of the physical and virtual infrastructure
- Automate the identification of performance issues with patented correlation-intelligence technology
- Pinpoint where urgent problems originate and exactly what tiers and processes are being affected
- Ensure a great user experience and dramatically improve IT efficiency