eG Innovations is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. When we ask you to register or login to our web portals, you can be assured that the information you provide us will only be used in accordance with this policy We want you to understand what we do with that information why we do it, and what it means to you. By being transparent, we hope to build on the trust you already have in us.
Why We Collect Information from You and How We Use It
How We Obtain Information
Information you voluntarily provide to us
You may give us information about you by filling in order forms or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you use our services, place an order, attend an event, or when you contact us about one of our products. Typically, the personal data you give us may include your name, business affiliation, telephone number, and email address, and any personal details required to resolve any enquiries or complaints. You may give us information,
- when filling out forms on our web portals (including name, mailing address, email address, and telephone number);
- when you post material to our web portals, participate in bulletin boards, chat rooms, blogs, comment threads, forums, or other interactive features of our web portals, register, or request further information or services from us;
- when you register to use a demo or developer instance of our cloud service;
- when you enter a contest or promotion we sponsor;
- when you report a problem with our web portals;
- when you contact us;
- when you complete our surveys;
- when you register for or attend an event;
- when you submit other information to us that is related to your use of our web portals or attendance to an event, including without limitation, billing information.
Information you voluntarily provide to us
From time to time, we may collect and use information we receive about you from third parties in connection with your use of the web portals or attendance to an event. For instance, we may receive information about you from our business partners related to your registration information for events. We also use third parties for reporting and analytics to measure the effectiveness of our web portals and marketing efforts, and to identify areas for improvement.
We may combine information we collect from third parties with information you provide us to update, expand or provide you with tailored information regarding our products, services and Events.
For more information about Google Analytics, please visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. You can opt out of Google's collection and processing of data generated by your use of the Services by going to http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. You can opt out of other third party cookie tracking on the Network Advertising Initiative website https://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1#!%2F. For EU users, please visit https://www.youronlinechoices.com/.
Information we collect as you navigate through the web portals
As you navigate through our web portals, we may automatically collect details about your visit, including your IP address, usage patterns, traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access, as well as information about your computer and internet connection, including your operating system and browser type.
We may collect some of this information using cookies and similar tracking technologies.
How We Use The Collected Information
We may use the information we collect for the following purposes:
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered between us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- provide you with information about other products and services we offer;
- respond to your requests and questions;
- notify you about changes to our company, products or services, and changes to our terms and conditions;
- ensure that relevant content from our web portals is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
- administer our web portals and products, and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- improve our web portals and products and to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device;
- allow you to participate in interactive features of our web portals, products and services when you choose to do so, including but not limited to sweepstakes, contests and social media engagements;
- help keep our web portals, products and services safe and secure;
- measure and understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our web portals about products or services that may interest you or them;
- comply with applicable legal or regulatory requirements, legal process or enforceable governmental request relevant industry standards and our policies.
We may use the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
eG Innovations is Committed to GDPR Readiness
The European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), is in effect from May 25, 2018. It imposes additional requirements upon companies to strengthen the security around and enhance the protection of personal data of EU residents. If you are an individual in the EU, we process (i.e. use) your personal data for one of the following legal reasons:
- To perform a contract: the processing is necessary to perform a contract with you or take steps to enter into a contract at your request;
- To comply with the law: the processing is necessary for us to comply with a relevant legal obligation (for example, laws which require us to collect tax information from customers, carry out checks on customers, or which compel us to disclose information to public authorities or regulators);
- To further our legitimate interests: the processing is in our legitimate interests, subject to your interests and fundamental rights, and notably our legitimate interest in using applicable data to conduct and develop our business activities, such as developing and maintaining relationships with our customers (most of the processing covered by this notice is legitimate interest based);
- To defend our rights: where the processing is necessary to the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; or
- With your consent: you have consented to the processing (for example, where we are required by local law to rely upon your prior consent for the purposes of direct marketing).
Controlling Your Personal Information
To use www.eginnovations.com, you are not required to register with us. Registration is only necessary for accessing some resources on our web portals. Any data collected during your registration will be used by eG Innovations solely to personalize your access to our web portals and to contact you for any further discussions around our products and services.
Our web portals may contain links to other web sites. eG Innovations is not responsible for the privacy practices or the contents of such web sites, nor do we take any responsibility for the opinions of third parties expressed on or through our web portals.
eG Innovations may, if you so choose to subscribe, send emails to you at the address given by you. You have the option to opt out of this subscription using the links provided at the bottom of each mail. We respect your privacy and, if you choose to cancel such subscription, we will stop sending you emails.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Access and Data Subject Rights
You have the right and may request access to your personal data that is processed by us You may also have some or all of the following rights available to you in respect of your personal data:
- to obtain a copy of your personal data together with information about how and on what basis that personal data is processed;
- to rectify inaccurate personal data (including the right to have incomplete personal data completed);
- to erase your personal data (in limited circumstances, such as where it is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or processed);
- to restrict processing of your personal data under certain circumstances;
- to withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal data (where that processing is based on your consent).
In addition to the above rights, under EU data protection law, you have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to any processing of your personal data which we have collected and retained on the basis of a legitimate interest, including profiling (as opposed to your consent) or to perform a contract with you. You also have the right to object at any time to any processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes, including profiling for marketing purposes.
Changes to This Policy
If you have any questions about this policy, the practices of, or your dealings with this web portals, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to Privacy Matters, c/o eG Innovations Pte. Ltd., 81 Neil Road, Singapore 088905.