Network Management Simplified
Although the emphasis of IT performance monitoring and management has turned towards application performance, monitoring of network performance is still important because any slowdown in the network tier can affect application performance.
eG Enterprise Universal Insight for networks is a 100% web-based performance monitoring, diagnosis and reporting solution for heterogeneous network infrastructures. While IT operations staff can use eG Enterprise for real-time monitoring, alerting and diagnosis, IT architects can use this solution for capacity optimization and planning.
As IT infrastructures have become business-critical, the importance of network monitoring has not diminished. Performance issues in the network tier adversely affect the performance of applications. From an administration perspective, it is important to differentiate network performance issues from server, storage, application and virtualization performance issues.
At the same time, network infrastructures have become more complicated with the introduction of a number of new and heterogeneous devices (such as virtual switches, network caches, reverse proxies, secure gateways, connection managers, SAN switches, VOIP devices, and wireless devices).
eG Innovations provides the best value for the money coupling visibility and excellent reporting. Using their automatic root cause analysis we avoided throwing $$ at the problem and realized $20K in savings - immediately.
CEO, Office Port
Unified Network Monitoring, Diagnosis and Reporting solution
- Monitors any SNMP MIB-II compliant network device
- Support for NetFlow monitoring of Cisco routers
- Receives and reports SNMP traps from any network device
- Auto-baselines metrics to automatically determine times when network performance is abnormal
eG Enterprise provides unified monitoring of all network devices from one console, enables problems to be clearly demarcatedand alerts to be proactively triggered of problems well before users notice.
What eG Universal Insight for Network Monitoring Reveals
||Memory usage of device
||CPU usage of device
||Performance from different locations
||Top traffic sources
||Connections to target servers
||Top traffic destinations
Monitoring Any SNMP-Capable Network Device with a Few Clicks
- Choose any custom SNMP MIB and the MIB objects to be monitored
- Decide the frequency at which the device should be polled
- Define baselines for each of the metrics
- Define the layers that define the custom device and how metrics map to the layers
- Start monitoring and reporting on your custom devices
- By proactively detecting and resolving problems quickly, you can ensure business continuity and keep your users productive and satisfied
- Increase business efficiency by ensuring great application performance and uptime
- eG Enterprise Universal Insight is a force multiplier for IT productivity. With the total application performance visibility it offers, even helpdesk personnel are empowered to detect and resolve problems quickly
- In-depth analytics enable network architects to optimize their network infrastructure to deliver better performance
- Provide a consistent and unified view for all the different stakeholders in your organization
Why eG? One Monitor to Manage All of IT.
- eG Enterprise is the only single pane-of-glass, virtualization-aware, auto-diagnostic IT infrastructure performance monitor
- Gain actionable answers to performance issues, wherever they originate, from application code to bare metal
- Understand the impact of infrastructure issues on application performance and user experience
- Unify IT performance monitoring, alerting, diagnosing, reporting, and capacity-planning in a single console
- Ensure a great user experience and dramatically improve IT efficiency
- Benefit from flexible deployment options (on-premises and SaaS) and IT monitoring approaches (agentless and agent-based)
“With eG Innovations, we are reducing system maintenance and support costs, avoiding incremental IT spending and eliminating system downtime across the hospital. Performance and prediction reports help us optimize IT spending and save $100,000 per year.”
Manager, ICT GHZ
“eG Innovations delivers a robust, reliable and extremely valuable solution to deliver maximum uptime and user satisfaction. Pre-emptive alerting helps us to address performance issues immediately before they affect system and application availability.”
Senior Manager, Allscripts
“With eG Enterprise, we can now quickly identify root causes of incidents, resolving them before users are impacted. Automatic prioritization and categorization of alerts helps us better focus on the important issues and prioritize our resources accordingly.”
Senior Consultant, C5 Alliance