For cloud computing to be successful, performance assurance is paramount. Users of cloud services expect the same performance as if these services were hosted in their corporate network.
eG Enterprise Universal Insight for Cloud infrastructures enables the success of your cloud initiatives by delivering performance assurance, user satisfaction, and rapid ROI. Providing three important perspectives (deployment, cloud consumer, cloud provider) in a single integrated solution, it automates and accelerates cloud performance management, providing total visibility across all tiers and layers of the distributed ecosystem.
Cloud computing offers enterprises many benefits, but it also poses a number of monitoring and management challenges. Most cloud environments are distributed and involve multiple application, virtualization and network tiers.
Often these tiers are operated by different groups of administrators and there is no visibility across these tiers. Inter-dependencies between tiers of a cloud infrastructure also make problem diagnosis difficult. So when a user complains of a slowdown, it is hard to determine where the problem lies: in the cloud, in the application, in the database, or in the client. This is why end-to-end cloud monitoring tools are necessary for effiecient and effective cloud performance management.
Performance Management from the Cloud
This is the deployment perspective. The eG Enterprise-on-Tap service allows organizations to start monitoring, diagnosing and reporting on their private and public cloud infrastructures in minutes with no upfront investment.
- 100% web-based architecture, HTTP/HTTPS for all communications
- Agent-based/agentless, active and passive monitoring
- Licensed per server, not per CPU core/socket
- Broad coverage: Monitors 180+ applications, 10+ operating systems, 10+ virtualization platforms
Performance Management of the Cloud
This is the cloud consumer's view. eG Enterprise provides a single pane of glass for administrators to monitor their servers and applications that are hosted internally and in the cloud.
- Monitoring of user experience for key IT services
- Demand, consumption, quality metrics for every layer and every tier of the infrastructure
- Automatic cloud-aware correlation technology makes root-cause diagnosis easy
- Monitor cloud hosted and on-premise applications from the same console
Performance Management for the Cloud
This is the cloud service provider’s view. eG Enterprise provides end-to-end performance management for cloud services. Administrators can track service availability, performance and diagnose problems quickly.
- Monitor the entire cloud infrastructure: cloud platform, virtualization, network, storage, and other services
- Multi-tenant: multiple enterprises can be monitored from the same console
- Web-based: enabling you to monitor from anywhere, at any time
- Automated deployment and configuration, integrates seamlessly with helpdesk and trouble-ticketing systems
- By proactively detecting and resolving problems, you can ensure business continuity and keep your users productive and satisfied
- Increase business efficiency by ensuring great performance and uptime for cloud hosted application
- eG Enterprise Universal Insight is a force multiplier for IT productivity. With the total application performance visibility it offers, even helpdesk personnel are empowered to detect and resolve problems quickly
- In-depth analytics enable cloud architects to optimize their cloud infrastructure for maximum performance
- Provide a consistent and unified view for all the different stakeholders in your organization
Why eG? One Monitor to Manage All of IT.
- eG Enterprise is the only single pane-of-glass, virtualization-aware, auto-diagnostic performance monitor
- Only eG Enterprise automatically provides actionable answers to performance issues, wherever they originate
- Get visibility across every tier of the physical and virtual infrastructure
- Automate the identification of performance issues with patented correlation-intelligence technology
- Pinpoint where urgent problems originate and exactly what tiers and processes are being affected
- Ensure a great user experience and dramatically improve IT efficiency