Web Server Monitoring
These days, a majority of applications are web-based. Web servers play a pivotal role in such environments as they handle all user requests. Any slowdown in the web server tier will adversely affect the user experience.
eG Enterprise provides real-time monitoring, diagnosis and reporting for heterogeneous web server farms. Using a combination of active and passive monitoring, eG Enterprise tracks the availability and performance of the web applications and pin-points where performance bottlenecks lie: in the web server, middleware, database, virtualization platform, storage, etc.
IT infrastructures have multiple, heterogeneous and multi-tiered web applications. While multi-tier applications are scalable, they have inter-dependencies between different tiers that make problem diagnosis more difficult. E.g., a problem in the middleware or database tiers causes a slowdown of the entire application and users complain that “the web application is slow”. Multiple web applications hosted on the same web server further accentuate the problem. Excessive load on one application can affect another.
IT managers need a web server monitor that provides visibility into every aspect of performance in order to monitor, diagnose and fix performance issues proactively.
eG Innovations provides the best value for the money coupling visibility and excellent reporting. Using their automatic root cause analysis we avoided throwing $$ at the problem and realized $20K in savings - immediately.
CEO, Office Port
Comprehensive Web Server Monitoring, Diagnosis and Reporting
- Unified monitoring of popular web servers - Microsoft IIS, Apache, Oracle and IBM web servers
- Analyzes and auto-baselines the workload for each of the web sites hosted on a web server
- Tracks the availability and performance of each of the web sites
- Uses a combination of active and passive monitoring approaches to get a 360o view of web performance
- Correlative intelligence technology analyzes web server performance with that of the other tiers to help with root-cause diagnosis
What eG Enterprise for Web Servers Reveals
|Status of each web site
||Traffic breakdown by web site
||Errors by web site
|Response time of key transactions
||Workload for key transactions
||Web server threads busy
|CPU usage by server processes
||Response time by location
||Response time breakup to identify bottlenecks
|Key server sizing metrics
||Application pool status
- Instantly diagnose the root-cause of web application slowness
- Auto-baseline web usage and performance and detect abnormal trends
- Proactively detect and resolve problems and ensure user satisfaction and productivity
- Increase business efficiency by ensuring great application performance and uptime
- Using intelligent analytics, optimize and right-size the web server farm to deliver better performance
- Coupled with the unified monitoring capabilities of eG Enterprise, provides a single pane of glass view for IT administrators
Why eG? One Monitor to Manage All of IT.
- eG Enterprise is the only single pane-of-glass, virtualization-aware, auto-diagnostic IT infrastructure performance monitor
- Only eG Enterprise automatically provides actionable answers to performance issues, wherever they originate, from application code to bare metal
- Understand the impact of infrastructure issues on application performance and user experience
- Unify performance monitoring, alerting, diagnosing, reporting, and capacity-planning in a single console
- Ensure a great user experience and dramatically improve IT efficiency
- Benefit from flexible deployment options (on-premises and SaaS) and monitoring approaches (agentless and agent-based)
“With eG Innovations, we are reducing system maintenance and support costs, avoiding incremental IT spending and eliminating system downtime across the hospital. Performance and prediction reports help us optimize IT spending and save $100,000 per year.”
Manager, ICT GHZ
“eG Innovations delivers a robust, reliable and extremely valuable solution to deliver maximum uptime and user satisfaction. Pre-emptive alerting helps us to address performance issues immediately before they affect system and application availability.”
Senior Manager, Allscripts
“With eG Enterprise, we can now quickly identify root causes of incidents, resolving them before users are impacted. Automatic prioritization and categorization of alerts helps us better focus on the important issues and prioritize our resources accordingly.”
Senior Consultant, C5 Alliance