For enterprises that are accelerating their journey to the cloud—deploying new applications, migrating services to the cloud, and using cloud infrastructures to operate their business—success in cloud computing depends on ensuring that the performance of the applications and their service quality is equal to those deployed in their on-premises data centers. Whether a public, private or hybrid cloud infrastructure is used, holistic performance visibility is required to ensure successful service delivery and achieve high efficiency.
While cloud computing offers enterprises many benefits, it also poses several monitoring and management challenges. Given the distributed and heterogeneous nature of cloud environments, it is difficult to pinpoint the cause performance problems.
- Most cloud infrastructures involve multiple inter-dependent tiers: application, virtualization, storage, network, etc. A problem in one tier affects other tiers—making root cause diagnosis a challenge.
- Cloud environments involve multiple domains of control—one for infrastructure, another for applications, etc. Lack of centralized visibility makes performance monitoring difficult.
- The cloud infrastructure is shared and has workloads from multiple customers. Surge in demand from one customer’s workload can affect the performance of applications for another customer.
Cloud Service Delivery Assurance from eG Enterprise
eG Enterprise is a comprehensive unified performance management solution for cloud and on-premises infrastructures. Available in SaaS-based and on-premises deployment models, eG Enterprise enables the success of your cloud initiatives by delivering end-to-end visibility across user experience and performance of applications, database, virtualization, storage and network. From a single pane of glass, administrators can automatically:
- Discover cloud (public, private, hybrid) and on-premises infrastructures
- Map inter-dependencies between tiers
- Correlate performance insights across heterogeneous components
- Identify the root cause of performance issues for providing faster resolution
eG Enterprise offers total performance management across SaaS, PaaS and IaaS infrastructures, serving the needs of enterprises deploying applications in the cloud (cloud consumers) and service providers hosting cloud infrastructures (cloud providers).
Public Cloud Monitoring
eG Enterprise provides out-of-the-box cloud monitor support for applications and services running on the public cloud including AWS EC2
and Microsoft Azure
- Measure user experience of cloud services and be the first to know when users are affected and where
- Track the health of VM instances, regions, and subnetworks being used in the cloud provider’s infrastructure
- Compare real-time performance with dynamically calculated baselines and get alerted to deviations from expected service levels
- Identify performance issues that are caused by the public cloud infrastructure, rather than by your applications
Private Cloud Monitoring
eG Enterprise monitors your private cloud from end to end, providing actionable insights for performance troubleshooting and infrastructure optimization.
- Check the availability and responsiveness of the cloud service, ensure users can administer their VMs
- Monitor demand, consumption and quality metrics for every layer and every tier of the private cloud infrastructure
- Track application performance and correlate it with private cloud usage and performance to identify bottleneck areas
- Eliminate false positives and get alerted to the root cause of performance issues
- Access historical reports that highlight opportunities for optimization and right-sizing
Hybrid Cloud Monitoring
From a secure and reliable web-based monitoring console, eG Enterprise enables you to monitor your applications and services wherever they are hosted—on-premises, in the public cloud, in colocation facilities, or in hybrid cloud infrastructures. Using automated discovery and mapping between various infrastructure tiers, eG Enterprise helps administrators understand the relationships and interdependencies between cloud and on-premises infrastructure tiers.
- Automatically correlate events between physical, virtualized and cloud-based systems
- Manage resource capacity and right-size the infrastructure hardware (CPU, GPU, memory, disk, network) to support application workloads on your hybrid cloud environment
- Proactively detect service outages, application slowdowns, server downtime, network latency, virtualization and storage bottlenecks inside and outside the cloud environment
Enabling Successful Cloud Migration & Scaling
eG Enterprise provides in-depth performance visibility for migrating your on-premises applications and server workload to the cloud.
- Troubleshoot faster by gaining access to real user experience and application performance metrics in the cloud
- Out-of-the-box reports help compare performance of pre- and post-migration environments as you deploy new services or scale existing workloads in the cloud
- Synthetic monitoring of business transactions helps test performance and functionality before migrating to the cloud, to establish useful benchmarks
- Integrate with orchestration tools (HP, BMC, CA, etc.) for automated deployment and configuration
- Increase business efficiency by ensuring great performance and uptime for cloud hosted application
- In-depth analytics enable cloud architects to optimize cloud infrastructures for maximum performance
- Improve performance predictability and ensure successful cloud migration
- eG Enterprise serves as a single, secure monitoring solution for your cloud and on-premises environment
- Cost-effective: eG Enterprise is available as a SaaS solution
Why eG? One Monitor to Manage All of IT.
- eG Enterprise is the only single pane-of-glass, virtualization-aware, auto-diagnostic IT infrastructure performance monitor
- Only eG Enterprise automatically provides actionable answers to performance issues, wherever they originate, from application code to bare metal
- Understand the impact of infrastructure issues on application performance and user experience
- Unify performance monitoring, alerting, diagnosing, reporting, and capacity-planning in a single console
- Ensure a great user experience and dramatically improve IT efficiency
- Benefit from flexible deployment options (on-premises and SaaS) and monitoring approaches (agentless and agent-based)