Monitoring and Managing JBoss Applications is a Challenge
JBoss performance issues such as slow-downs impact your business resulting in lost revenues, customer dissatisfaction & poor reputation. JBoss troubleshooting requires identifying the source of the problem - is it the database? the network? your application? or the messaging server?
eG Enterprise offers a single pane of glass view of your JBoss infrastructure
The Challenge: Simplifying Multi-Tier JBoss Application Troubleshooting
- Your mission-critical business services are web-based
- You have deployed a scalable, multi-tier infrastructure with web front-ends, middleware application servers such as JBoss hosting the business logic, and backend databases for data access
- Yet you are finding times when user accesses to your business service are slow, or the service is not available
- You need to know where is the bottleneck is: the network? the web front-end? the JBoss application server? your application logic? the database server? your queries?
Multi-tier JBoss applications are often hard to troubleshoot. A performance problem in one tier (e.g., the database) can impact all the other tiers (e.g., JBoss server, Web server).
- With a multi-tier application, often one tier depends on another (e.g., the middleware JBoss application tier depends on the database tier). So a slow-down in one tier impacts all the other tiers. Troubleshooting and diagnosis is very hard because it is difficult to determine where a problem originated and where its effects are
The eG Enterprise suite offers in-depth monitoring of every layer of every tier of the infrastructure. Service performance is monitored by external emulation of user accesses to the infrastructure or by using passive monitors for web server front-ends. Customized monitors for middleware application servers like JBoss and WebSphere offer visibility into the performance of the key business logic components that are hosted on these servers.
In-depth visibility into JBoss's Java Virtual Machine (JVM) enables operators to see the critical threads running in the JVM, detect unexpected synchronization issues between threads, identify runaway threads and pin-point the exact line of code that is causing the problem. The usage of the database connection pools and the most expensive queries to the database are reported as part of eG Enterprise's detailed diagnosis capability. Using a patented root-cause analysis engine, eG Enterprise analyzes the performance of the network, server, applications, and database tiers and correlates these metrics in real-time and to determine where the bottlenecks are.
- Single-pane-of-glass visibility: Deep Red Hat JBoss monitoring tools plus insights across your physical and virtual infrastructure
- Helps eliminate downtime and application slowdowns with automatic root-cause diagnosis and proactive alerts
- Lowers support costs
- 100% web-based architecture for anywhere-access
- Data analysis, trending, and reporting capabilities for future planning and increased ROI
Why eG? One Monitor to Manage All of IT.
- eG Enterprise is the only single pane-of-glass, virtualization-aware, auto-diagnostic IT infrastructure performance monitor
- Only eG Enterprise automatically provides actionable answers to performance issues, wherever they originate, from application code to bare metal
- Understand the impact of infrastructure issues on application performance and user experience
- Unify performance monitoring, alerting, diagnosing, reporting, and capacity-planning in a single console
- Ensure a great user experience and dramatically improve IT efficiency
- Benefit from flexible deployment options (on-premises and SaaS) and monitoring approaches (agentless and agent-based)
“With eG Innovations, we are reducing system maintenance and support costs, avoiding incremental IT spending and eliminating system downtime across the hospital. Performance and prediction reports help us optimize IT spending and save $100,000 per year.”
Manager, ICT GHZ
“eG Innovations delivers a robust, reliable and extremely valuable solution to deliver maximum uptime and user satisfaction. Pre-emptive alerting helps us to address performance issues immediately before they affect system and application availability.”
Senior Manager, Allscripts
“We are truly impressed with eG Innovations cloud performance management solution. eG beats out most of the competition in terms of coverage for diverse virtual server environments as well as for its distinctive 'top down' and 'bottom up' real-time analytics.”
Research Director, EMA