Top Windows Server Performance for Business Success
Microsoft Windows technologies form a core part of most IT infrastructures. While Microsoft Exchange is widely used for enterprise email, Internet Information Server (IIS) powers a majority of all web servers on the Internet. Microsoft SQL server is a scalable database platform of choice, and the Active Directory server is widely being used to maintain and manage access lists and credentials.
Fast, accurate problem diagnosis can improve service uptime, improve customer satisfaction, reduce operational costs, and increase the effectiveness of the IT administrators.
- Ensure Windows servers are available and resource usage is optimal
- Identify slowdowns anywhere across your infrastructure before users are impacted
- Manage future growth and capacity planning
- Monitor Windows AND your heterogeneous IT infrastructure from a single console
- Communicate performance trends to management and exec with out-of-the-box and custom reporting
eG Enterprise for Windows Monitoring
eG Enterprise offers comprehensive management of Microsoft servers and applications. Pre-defined models of the operating system and individual applications (web server, mail server, database, etc.) incorporated in eG Enterprise dictate what are the key operating system and application metrics that are to be collected in real-time by an eG agent. Each agent compares the metrics it collects against auto-generated or manually configured thresholds, and generates personalized alerts to operators as and when appropriate. Pre-defined hierarchical models for most popular applications, included as part of eG Enterprise, are used to correlate across the collected metrics to differentiate between the cause and effects of a problem.
Layer view, for quick issue identification and diagnosis
- Through a unique combination of agent-based and agentless monitoring capabilities, eG Enterprise allows administrators to choose which of these contrasting monitoring modes is ideal for each of the servers in the infrastructure
- eG's flexible agent deployment and licensing model ensures cost-effective monitoring of the target infrastructure
- Monitoring is performed with very little overhead on the target systems
- For small and medium businesses that commonly deploy multiple applications on the same system (for example, an IIS web server and a Microsoft SQL server database), a single agent is capable of monitoring all of these diverse applications
- Auto-upgradable agents requires near zero maintenance
- eG Enterprise automatically correlates performance across the infrastructure tiers to identify the root-cause of problems
- Extensive out-of-the-box and custom reporting assists administrators in understanding the bottlenecks in their infrastructure
A service topology indicating Microsoft Windows applications and their dependencies
Platforms Supported by the eG Microsoft Windows Monitor
|Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows 2012, Windows 2008, Windows 2003, Windows XP, Windows 2000
||IIS web server, Microsoft Transaction Server, Active Directory, BizTalk Server, File Server, Print Server, Microsoft Terminal Server, Exchange Server, Microsoft Proxy, Microsoft MQ, ASP.NET, DNS, WINS, DHCP, Domain Controller, Event Logs, Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft System Management Server, Windows Cluster, Microsoft Terminal Licensing server
||Apache web server, Oracle database, Sybase, DB2 UDB, MySQL, WebLogic, WebSphere Citrix XenApp, Lotus Domino, and many others
For a complete list supported platforms, see “All Technologies.”
- Single-pane-of-glass monitoring of Microsoft Windows server farms
- Helps eliminate downtime and application slowdowns with automatic root-cause diagnosis and proactive alerts
- Lowers support costs
- 100% web-based architecture for anywhere-access
- Data analysis, trending, and reporting capabilities for future planning and increased Windows server ROI
Why eG? One Monitor to Manage All of IT.
- eG Enterprise is the only single pane-of-glass, virtualization-aware, auto-diagnostic IT infrastructure performance monitor
- Gain actionable answers to performance issues, wherever they originate, from application code to bare metal
- Understand the impact of infrastructure issues on application performance and user experience
- Unify IT performance monitoring, alerting, diagnosing, reporting, and capacity-planning in a single console
- Ensure a great user experience and dramatically improve IT efficiency
- Benefit from flexible deployment options (on-premises and SaaS) and IT monitoring approaches (agentless and agent-based)
“With eG Innovations, we are reducing system maintenance and support costs, avoiding incremental IT spending and eliminating system downtime across the hospital. Performance and prediction reports help us optimize IT spending and save $100,000 per year.
Manager, ICT GHZ
“eG Innovations delivers a robust, reliable and extremely valuable solution to deliver maximum uptime and user satisfaction. Pre-emptive alerting helps us to address performance issues immediately before they affect system and application availability.
Senior Manager, Allscripts
“With eG Enterprise, we can now quickly identify root causes of incidents, resolving them before users are impacted. Automatic prioritization and categorization of alerts helps us better focus on the important issues and prioritize our resources accordingly.”
Senior Consultant, C5 Alliance