Multiple SCOM Management Packs are Expensive and Difficult to Manage
Microsoft System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) is a leading monitoring platform for Microsoft applications. However, SCOM is limited in its support for non-Microsoft systems and applications (e.g., Citrix, SAP, Siebel, VMware, Oracle, Sybase, DB2, Java, Nutanix, etc.).
To extend System Center Operations Manager for heterogeneous environments, multiple SCOM management packs (often from different vendors) must be deployed—one for each non-Microsoft platform.
With this "multi-pack" approach, administrators get a lot of metrics but little actionable information and no correlated alerts to help them pinpoint the real root cause of a performance issue. The lack of integration between management packs leads to long problem isolation and diagnosis cycles, resulting in poor user experience and loss in user productivity.
eG Enterprise Universal Management Pack for Microsoft SCOM
The eG Universal Management Pack for SCOM augments Microsoft’s SCOM’s monitoring capabilities and enables it to become a truly unified monitoring and diagnosis console for today’s heterogeneous IT infrastructures. Combining the power of many management packs into one unified solution, SCOM administrators get access to health, availability and performance data from heterogeneous infrastructures and multi-vendor devices inside the SCOM console. Make SCOM your go-to solution for monitoring both Microsoft and non-Microsoft applications with the help of eG Universal Management Pack.
With the eG Universal Management Pack for SCOM, administrators can:
- Access unified topology diagram of heterogeneous IT infrastructures (Citrix, VMware, SAP, Amazon AWS, etc.). No other SCOM management pack provides this unified view.
- View alerts from eG Enterprise alongside SCOM alerts, inline within the SCOM console
- Use the Health Explorer in SCOM to drill down into any infrastructure component monitored by eG Enterprise
- With one-click drill down, explore the eG Enterprise web console for deeper diagnostics and root cause analysis
How It Works: eG Universal SCOM Management Pack
The eG Universal Management Pack is very easy to deploy. The eG-SCOM Connector bridges communication between eG Enterprise and SCOM.
- Applications, virtualization, storage and other tiers managed by eG Enterprise are automatically registered in SCOM
- The state of each component, layer, metric is updated in SCOM
- Dashboards published in eG Enterprise are automatically available from inside the SCOM console
- Multiple eG-SCOM connectors can be deployed to support failover clustering and improve scalability
Enable SCOM to Monitor Non-Microsoft Applications
Administrators are not required to login to multiple tools or consoles to monitor their heterogeneous infrastructure. From the SCOM console, administrators can:
- Receive alerts in SCOM for any components that are managed in eG Enterprise
- Differentiate between the root cause of problems and the effects, based on alert severities
- Get service-level reports to highlight when infrastructure issues are detected
- Within SCOM, close alerts for problems that have been resolved
- Access custom dashboards that highlight demand, consumption and quality for the service as a whole andfor specific tiers
- Monitor custom applications and network devices from the SCOM console
See supported applications »
Go Beyond Monitoring the Infrastructure as Silos
In a single click from the SCOM console, administrators can drill down the eG Enterprise console in context. This integration allows administrators to:
- Visualize application-to-application dependencies, application-to-physical and application-to-virtual machine mapping, and how applications are connected to the network, storage and cloud infrastructures
- Automatically highlight the root cause of complex performance problems in seconds
- Drill down in depth into every layer and every tier to track metrics of interest
- Auto-baseline the infrastructure and receive proactive alerts about issues before they affect the user experience
- Access hundreds of pre-defined reports for optimization, right-sizing and capacity planning
Address the Needs of All IT Stakeholders
- IT operators who are accustomed to the Microsoft SCOM console can continue to use it with to monitor the entire infrastructure—no learning curve
- Help desk staff can access unified topology maps and see a consolidated list of all alerts in one dashboard inside the SCOM console
- Domain experts (e.g., administrators of Citrix, VMware, SAP, etc.) can easily access the eG Enterprise web console for detailed diagnosis, root cause analysis, in-depth analytics, capacity planning, service-level topology views, and more
- IT managers can comply with their management’s interest in unifying performance monitoring and diagnosis using Microsoft SCOM
- Make the SCOM console a truly unified solution for performance monitoring, alerting, diagnosis and reporting for both Microsoft and Non-Microsoft infrastructures
- Eliminate the cost and complexity of deploying and managing multiple management packs from different vendors
- Monitor Microsoft and non-Microsoft applications together using a single management pack
- Streamline IT operations: achieve faster problem diagnosis and resolution
Why eG? One Monitor to Manage All of IT.
- eG Enterprise is the only single pane-of-glass, virtualization-aware, auto-diagnostic performance monitor
- Only eG Enterprise automatically provides actionable answers to performance issues, wherever they originate
- Get visibility across every tier of the physical and virtual infrastructure
- Automate the identification of performance issues with patented correlation-intelligence technology
- Pinpoint where urgent problems originate and exactly what tiers and processes are being affected
- Ensure a great user experience and dramatically improve IT efficiency