eG Enterprise On Tap is a 100% web-based performance monitoring service offered from the cloud. With no upfront cost, it is easy to sign up for eG-on-Tap and experience the power of remote performance monitoring from the cloud for all your key IT assets and applications.
What is eG-on-Tap?
Leveraging the power of cloud computing and the web, eG On Tap makes the industry leading eG Enterprise solution available as an on-demand service that can be provisioned in minutes. You no longer need to have dedicated hardware to host the management system, nor do you need to spend the time and effort installing and configuring the monitoring system.
How does it work?
Using eG Enterprise’s 100% web-based architecture, eG On Tap makes performance and configuration monitoring available to you a service over the Web. You only install lightweight software agents on key servers in your network (agentless monitoring is also supported). These agents begin communicating with our cloud-hosted management server and start monitoring your infrastructure.
Within a few minutes of setting up the agents, you can start seeing performance statistics for your key servers, network devices, and applications. Using a web browser, you can access hundreds of network, server and application performance reports in real-time, from anywhere, at any time. You can use this service to monitor your key servers only, your business critical applications, or your entire infrastructure end-to-end.
What can I monitor using this service?
eG On Tap includes all the capabilities of the eG Enterprise suite, so you can monitor 180+ applications, 10+ operating systems, and 10+ virtualization platforms. For a complete list of supported platforms, please click here
When can I use this service?
You can use this service if you are:
- Facing a problem that you need to diagnose quickly
- In need of a hosted service for on-going monitoring of your infrastructure
- Going to migrate my applications or infrastructure and need to benchmark performance before and after migration
- Being asked for performance reports by your management
- In need of performance baselines for your current infrastructure
- and many other situations!
Do I need to change/expose my infrastructure to use this service?
No. eG-on-Tap is 100% web-based. All the communications between the agents and the manager use HTTP/HTTPS - i.e., over port 80/443. Communications are initiated by the agents only. Hence, the agents do not listen on any TCP ports for requests. This minimizes the security risk to the systems on which agents are deployed.
What if my servers are behind a firewall?
Since the eG agent initiates all the communications, the eG On Tap supports servers that are assigned private IP addresses, and networks that are behind network address translation (NAT) devices. That is, you do not have to have your servers on the Internet to use this service - the servers can be in your Intranet.
How do I get started?
You can get started now by signing up for a free trial of eG-on-Tap.
Start your free trial now!
Why eG? One Monitor to Manage All of IT.
- eG Enterprise is the only single pane-of-glass, virtualization-aware, auto-diagnostic IT infrastructure performance monitor
- Only eG Enterprise automatically provides actionable answers to performance issues, wherever they originate, from application code to bare metal
- Understand the impact of infrastructure issues on application performance and user experience
- Unify performance monitoring, alerting, diagnosing, reporting, and capacity-planning in a single console
- Ensure a great user experience and dramatically improve IT efficiency
- Benefit from flexible deployment options (on-premises and SaaS) and monitoring approaches (agentless and agent-based)