Iselin, NJ August 21, 2012 - eG Innovations, the award-winning provider of intelligent performance management solutions for complex virtual, cloud and physical IT infrastructures, today announced a major release to its flagship offering, eG Enterprise. The new release builds on eG Innovations groundbreaking automated correlation and problem diagnosis technology to accelerate performance diagnosis, reduce operational cost, deliver user satisfaction and unlock the true potential of virtual, cloud and physical IT environments. eG Enterprise will be showcased for the first time at VMworld San Francisco in Booth # 2524.
"When users complain about slow performance, IT administrators come under fire while having to face their toughest challenge," said Mike Matchett, senior analyst, Taneja Group. "The root cause of thorny performance problems can stem from deep contention or misconfiguration issues, buried under layers of virtualization or hidden between IT domains. Isolating and diagnosing such issues by manually coordinating the efforts of multiple domain experts using domain-specific tools is time-consuming and costly, and sometimes just doesn't work. eG Innovations provides a unique approach to performance management that dramatically simplifies and accelerates the discovery, diagnosis, and resolution of performance issues so IT teams can deliver better service to their users while controlling delivery costs to the organization."
eG Enterprise embeds the industry's first virtualization-aware, root-cause diagnosis technology for managing the performance of services and applications running in complex virtual, cloud and physical environments. After auto-discovering all service components and dynamic dependencies, eG Enterprise correlates performance metrics across every layer, every tier - automatically and in real-time - across all silos, from desktop to datacenter. This patented approach delivers deep, actionable insights into the true causes of cross-domain service performance issues and enables administrators to pre-emptively and accurately detect, diagnose and fix root-cause issues before end users notice.
"As we work with our rapidly growing customer base, we've listened to their experiences to build an even better solution for automated performance management," said Srinivas Ramanathan, CEO of eG Innovations. "Version 5.6 builds on our history of innovation as we enable customer to overcome the challenges of managing application performance in dynamic and complex IT environments."
eG Enterprise v 5.6 delivers a number of new and unique capabilities:
- Total Performance Visibility & Auto-Correlation of all components and dependencies that impact user experience - across desktop, application, network, storage and virtualization tiers. New features in 5.6 include: Enhanced virtualization and cloud support (including monitoring support for VMware vCloud Director), increased breadth and depth of coverage for databases, storage, Active Directory, virtualization, deeper visibility into Java transactions and NetFlow monitoring.
- Fast & Pre-emptive Problem Detection & Alerting allows administrators to fix performance problems BEFORE users complain. Prevent downtime, ensure great performance and enhance user satisfaction. New features in 5.6 include: New, intuitive dashboards, automated metrics aggregation, improved performance prediction, advanced auto-baselining and tight integration with Microsoft Systems Center Operations Manager (SCOM) 2012.
- Easy & Automated Root-Cause Diagnosis enables admins to accurately pinpoint problems and accelerate diagnosis of performance issues - so highly skilled staff can be more productive rather than fighting fires all day. New features in 5.6 include: root-cause diagnosis extensions for cloud environments, auto-discovery of business service topologies, improved AD integration, monitoring configuration validation for easy configuration, and personalized VM views for use by cloud providers providing managed services.
- Right-Size & Optimize IT Environments with predictive analytics that help to reduce hardware and software cost by 20% through better utilization and consolidation ratios. New features in 5.6 include: Cluster capacity planning reports, cumulation reports, and significant scalability enhancements to the eG manager and agents.
- eG Enterprise is a highly cost effective solution with an easily measurable ROI that pays for itself in months. Customers typically experience a 30% reduction in the number of severe performance incidents, a 35% reduction in downtime, over 20% improvement in hardware utilization rates and 15% reduction in staffing levels required to support the IT environment. In addition, eG Enterprise delivers rapid ROI by providing the insights required for right-sizing and optimizing IT infrastructures to maximize resource utilization and reduce hardware/software cost.
Pricing and Availability
eG Enterprise V5.6 will be available in September. Subscription fees begin at $50 per server per month in the U.S. On premise perpetual licensing is also available.
For more details visit https://www.eginnovations.com
About eG Innovations
eG Innovations provides intelligent performance management solutions that dramatically accelerate the discovery, diagnosis, and resolution of service performance issues in virtual, cloud, and physical service infrastructures. Only eG Innovations offers 360-degree service visibility with virtualization-aware performance correlation across every layer and every tier - from desktops to applications and from network to storage. This unique approach delivers deep, actionable insights into the true causes of cross-domain service performance issues and enables administrators to pre-emptively detect, diagnose and fix root-cause issues - before end users notice. eG Innovations' award-winning performance management and monitoring solutions are trusted by the world's most demanding companies to enable delightful user experiences, keep mission-critical business services at peak performance and deliver on the ROI promise of transformational IT investments. Customers include: JP Morgan Chase, Citigroup, Depository Trust and Clearing Corporation, Cathay Bank, AllScripts, Honeywell, Samsung, Xerox, Marathon Oil, McKesson and many more. Visit https://www.eginnovations.com for more information.