Monitoring SAP Business Warehouse Instance
eG Enterprise provides a specialized monitoring model for SAP Business Warehouse Instance.
Each layer of Figure 1 is mapped to tests that monitor the BI objects (Process chains, Queries, Templates etc) of the target SAP Business Warehouse Instance and report how well each object is responding to requests. Using the metrics reported by these tests, administrators can find quick and accurate answers for these performance queries:
- How many requests are sent to the open hub destination per minute?
- What is the time taken by the open hub destination to respond to requests?
- How many error-prone requests were sent to the open hub destination?
- How many times were each process chain executed? Which process chain was executed too frequently?
- How many times had each process chain completed execution? Which process chain had completed the maximum number of executions?
- Which process chain encountered errors more frequently?
- What is the current status of process chain execution?
- What is the time taken by each process chain to complete an execution?
- How many sessions had initiated each query? Which query was initiated more frequently?
- How may times each query was executed?
- How long did each query take to complete and execution?
- Where exactly did each query take too long to execute - is it in the front end? or OLAP? or data manager package?
- How many sessions had initiated each template? Which template was initiated more frequently?
- How may times each template was executed?
- How many queries were raised to each template for execution?
- How long did the queries take to complete execution on each template?
- How long did each template take to complete execution?
- How may times each workbook was executed?
- How many queries were raised to each workbook for execution?
- How long did the queries take to complete execution on each workbook?
- How long did each workbook take to complete execution?
- How long did each workbook take to process a general command/dialog upon an execution?
The TCP, Network and Operating System layers are similar to that of Windows server monitoring model. Therefore, refer to the documentation of the Unix and Windows Server monitoring model to know how to configure the tests associated with above-mentioned layers. Similarly, refer to the documentation for the SAP ABAP Instance to know how to configure the tests associated with the SAP Basis, SAP Service, SAP Gateway, SAP Users, SAP Workloadand SAP Work Processes layers.