Managing Elasticsearch Cluster
Using eG Enterprise, you can auto-discover the Elasticsearch Cluster as well as manually add the component for monitoring. To manage an Elasticsearch component, do the following:
- Log into the eG admin interface.
- If the Elasticsearch is already discovered, then directly proceed towards managing it using the Components – Manage/Unmanage/Delete page.
- However, if the target chassis is yet to be discovered, then run discovery (Infrastructure -> Components -> Discovery) to get it discovered or follow the Components -> Add/Modify menu sequence in the Infrastructure tile of the Admin menu to manually add the component using the Components page. Remember that components manually added are managed automatically.
In the Components page that appears next, select Elasticsearch as the Component type. Then, click the Add New Component button. This will invoke Figure 90.
Specify the Host IP/Name and the Nick name for the Elasticsearch component.
- Next, specify the port at which the target host is listening to. By default, this is set to 9200. If the target host is listening on a different port, then override the default setting and specify the port at which the target host is currently listening.
- Then, choose an external agent for the target host by picking an option from the External agents list box.
- Next , click the Add button to register the changes (see Figure 90).
- Finally, signout of the eG admin interface.