Adding a HPE StoreOnce Backup System
eG Enterprise cannot auto-discover a HPE StoreOnce Backup system. This is why, you need to manually add a HPE StoreOnce Backup component to eG Enterprise to monitor it. The steps for manually adding the HPE StoreOnce Backup component are detailed below:
- Login to the eG admin interface.
Click on the Add Component button in the right corner of the Components at a Glance page that appeared (see Figure 1) or follow the Infrastructure -> Components -> Add/Modify menu sequence.
- The Components page will then appear. In the Components page, select HPE StoreOnce Backup as the Component type and click the Add New Component button.
Figure 2 will then appear.
- Specify the Host IP/Name and the Nick name for the HPE StoreOnce Backup component in Figure 2.
- The Agentless flag is enabled by default, as 'agentless' is the default monitoring approach for the HPE StoreOnce Backup.
- Then, select the remote agent from the Remote agent drop-down list.
- Next, select the External agent that will monitor the target HPE StoreOnce Backup component.
- Finally, click the Add button to register the changes.
Once the HPE StoreOnce Backup component is added successfully, you will be again redirected to the Components page (see Figure 3). Using the options provided in the Components page, you can modify, unmanage or delete the newly added component. In addition, you can also configure the tests, set thresholds and maintenance policies, and change the IP address.
To collect the performance metrics, you may need to manually configure the tests that are mapped to the HPE StoreOnce Backup component. To configure the tests that need manual configuration, click on the icon in Figure 3. This will lead you to the Specific Test Configuration page where the unconfigured tests for the HPE StoreOnce Backup component will be listed in the Unconfigured Tests list box.
Figure 4 : Unconfigured tests for the HPE StoreOnce Backup component
- Now, click on any test to configure it. To know how to configure the tests, refer to the Monitoring HPE StoreOnce Backup. To view the performance metrics, switch to the Monitor tab.