Monitoring the Maria Database server
eG Enterprise provides an exclusive Maria Database server monitoring model that runs quick health checks on the Maria Database server at configured intervals, and proactively alerts administrators to potential bottlenecks to the performance of the server.
Using the model depicted by Figure 1, administrators can determine the following:
- Is the database server available? If so, how quickly does it respond to user requests?
- Is the server overloaded?
- Are clients able to connect to the server, or are there too many connection failures?
- Are connections been closed properly? Are there an unusual number of open connections to the server?
- Is the query cache been utilized optimally?
- Has adequate memory been allotted to the cache?
- Is the key buffer cache utilized well?
- Is query execution efficient, or do queries need to be optimized for better performance?
- Are rollbacks kept at a minimum?
- Should the sort_buffer be increased?
- How is the overall locking activity on the server? Are too many requests waiting to acquire locks?