Monitoring APC Automatic Transfer Switch
eG Enterprise embeds a specialized APC Automatic Transfer Switch monitoring model (seeFigure 1), which enables users to run periodic status checks on the hardware components at the heart of the APC Automatic Transfer Switch, and reports problems (if any) with those components.
Every layer in the monitoring model is mapped to a variety of tests which connect to the SNMP MIB of the target switch and report critical statistics pertaining to its performance. Using the measures reported by the tests administrators can find quick and accurate answers for the following queries:
- Is the APC Automatic Transfer Switch operational?
- Is the power supply to both the input sources of the target switch adequate?
- Is the amount of power flowing into and out of the switch optimal or abnormal?
- Is there any loss of communication between the target switch and TCP/IP port?
- Are the phases of Source A and Source B in the target switch are in sync?
- Is the switch experiencing any erratic voltage fluctuations?
- Is the output from the target switch is overloaded?