Adding Apache Impala
eG Enterprise cannot auto-discover Apache Impala server. This is why, you need to manually add a Apache Impala component to the eG Enterprise to monitor it. The steps for manually adding an Apache Impala component are detailed below:
- Login to the eG admin interface as user with administrative privileges.
- Follow the Infrastructure -> Components -> Add/Modify Component menu sequence in the Admin tile menu.
- From the page that appears, select Apache Impala as the Component type and click the Add New Component button.
Figure 1 will then appear.
- Specify the Host IP/Name and the Nick name for the Apache Impala component.
- If you are monitoring the target Apache Impala in an agent-based manner, just select an external agent from the External agents list box.
- Finally, click the Add button to add the component to the eG Enterprise system.