eG Enterprise offers a dedicated monitoring model for Bitbucket which periodically monitors the Bitbucket repositories, the Bitbucket Pipelines and the issues created on the repositories in a Bitbucket user account.
Using the metrics reported by the tests mapped to the layers, administrators can find quick and accurate answers to certain persistent performance queries, such as the following:
- What is the size of each repository?
- Is the repository private?
- Is any repository populated with too many open issues?
- Is any branch encountering more number of build failures?
- Which branch has more number of pending builds?
- Is any repository populated with Wontfix issues?
- Which repository has more number of duplicate/invalid issues?
Since the Web Server layer in the Figure 1 has already been discussed in the Monitoring Microsoft IIS Web Server document, the section to come will focus on the Bitbucket layer alone.