Monitoring NFS on Linux Clients
For monitoring NFS clients on Linux, the eG Enterprise Suite offers the NFS Linux Client monitoring model.
Figure 1 : The NFS Linux Client monitoring model
Each layer of the model is mapped to tests that monitor the RPC calls made by the target NFS client to a server and promptly detect abnormalities in the RPC communication. Using the metrics so reported, administrators can find quick and easy answers for the following performance questions:
- Is the NFS client available over the network?
- Is the client utilizing the CPU, memory, and disk space resources optimally?
- Is the client overloading the server with too many RPC requests?
- Are too many RPC requests getting retransmitted to the server?
- Are the remote file systems available?
- Is the client taking too long to access the remote file systems?
- Is any NFS-mounted directory unavailable?
- Is any NFS-mounted directory consuming too much space?