User experience is the basis for competition in the digital services world. A slow website means you’re potentially losing money and customers.
- A 1-second delay in page response can result in 7% reduction in conversions, according to a recent study. If an e-commerce site is making $100,000/day, a 1-second delay could potentially cost the site $2.5 million in lost sales annually.
- 79% shoppers who are dissatisfied by website performance are less likely to buy from the same site again. This leaves your brand, reputation and revenue negatively affected.
Slow page load time directly affects your bottom line. You must be able to track what pages your users are accessing, from where, how long it takes to load the page, whether users are seeing any errors and why.
eG Enterprise delivers digital experience monitoring for your websites and web applications. Using an agentless approach, eG Enterprise captures and analyzes in real time every transaction of every user, continuously tracking availability, functionality, and responsiveness 24×7.
Watch this 2-minute video and learn how eG Enterprise uses Real User Monitoring (RUM) capabilities to detect the cause of slow website and web application load time. With eG Enterprise, you can easily isolate whether slowness is due to the browser, network, backend server or content download.
With eG Enterprise, you can not only track all aspects of user experience proactively, you can also pinpoint the root-cause of slowness – whether it is in your code, infrastructure, or network. Take a look at this webinar “How to Manage Digital User Experience” and:
- Learn how to track real-time user experience as end users access web applications
- Understand the customer journey end to end and determine business impact
- Proactively test user experience using simulation and baseline KPIs
- Evaluate pros and cons associated with passive and active user experience monitoring techniques