Pre-requisites for .NET Business Transaction Monitoring
The following are the pre-requisites for performing .NET business transaction monitoring using eG:
For the eG .NET Business Transaction Monitor to function, your eG Enterprise infrastructure should include:
- An eG Manager of version 6.3 (or above)
- eG Agents of version 6.3 (or above)
The eG .NET BTM can be installed on IIS web servers 7.0, 7.5, 8.0, 8.5, or 10.
- Make sure that the VC++ 2012 Runtime is available on the target IIS web server, prior to BTM-enabling it. On a 64-bit server, both the 32-bit and the 64-bit versions of the VC++ 2012 Runtime should be available. On a 32-bit server on the other hand, make sure that the 32-bit VC++ 2012 Runtime is available.
- Ensure that the IIS Management Scripts and Tools feature is installed and enabled on the target IIS web server.
- If any other profiler - eg., NewRelic, AppDynamics, etc. - pre-exists on the IIS web server, then, before BTM-enabling the server, make sure that the profiler is fully and properly uninstalled.
The eG .NET BTM is supported only in the following environments:
Supported operating systems
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016
- Microsoft Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10
- Microsoft .NET Framework versions 3.5, 4.0, 4.5, 4.5.2, 4.6. 4.7.2
- ASP .NET MVC 2, 3. 4, 5
Open Web Interface for .NET (OWIN) web API
Supported Runtime Environments
- Microsoft IIS versions 7.0, 7.5, 8.0, 8.5,10
Microsoft SharePoint 2010, 2013 as services running inside IIS
Supported Remote Procedure Calls
Web Services including SOAP
Supported Web Service Exit Points
- Supported Data Storage Types and Clients
The .NET profiler supports the ADO.NET data storage type and the following ADO.NET clients:
Database Name Client Type Oracle ODP.NET and Microsoft Provider for Oracle MySQL Connector/Net and ADO.NET Microsoft SQL Server ADO.NET
- For complete visibility into the transaction path, make sure that you BTM-enable each IIS web server in the transaction path.
- To track and profile transactions to multiple web sites on an IIS web server, you need to add a separate Microsoft IIS component in eG Enterprise for each web site to be monitored.