Pre-requisites for .NET Business Transaction Monitoring
The following are the pre-requisites for performing .NET business transaction monitoring using eG:
For the eG .NET Business Transaction Monitor to function, your eG Enterprise infrastructure should include:
- An eG Manager of version 6.3 (or above)
- eG Agents of version 6.3 (or above)
The eG .NET BTM can be installed on IIS web servers 7.0, 7.5, 8.0, 8.5, or 10.
- Make sure that the VC++ 2012 Runtime is available on the target IIS web server, prior to BTM-enabling it. On a 64-bit server, both the 32-bit and the 64-bit versions of the VC++ 2012 Runtime should be available. On a 32-bit server on the other hand, make sure that the 32-bit VC++ 2012 Runtime is available.
- Ensure that the IIS Management Scripts and Tools feature is installed and enabled on the target IIS web server.
- If any other profiler - eg., NewRelic, AppDynamics, etc. - pre-exists on the IIS web server, then, before BTM-enabling the server, make sure that the profiler is fully and properly uninstalled.
The eG .NET BTM is supported only in the following environments:
Supported operating systems
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016
- Microsoft Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10
- Microsoft .NET Framework versions 3.5, 4.0, 4.5, 4.5.2, 4.6. 4.7.2
- ASP .NET MVC 2, 3. 4, 5
Open Web Interface for .NET (OWIN) web API
Supported Runtime Environments
- Microsoft IIS versions 7.0, 7.5, 8.0, 8.5,10
Microsoft SharePoint 2010, 2013 as services running inside IIS
Supported Remote Procedure Calls
Web Services including SOAP
Supported Data Storage Types and Clients
The .NET profiler supports the ADO.NET data storage type and the following ADO.NET clients:
Database Name Client Type Oracle ODP.NET and Microsoft Provider for Oracle MySQL Connector/Net and ADO.NET Microsoft SQL Server ADO.NET
- For complete visibility into the transaction path, make sure that you BTM-enable each IIS web server in the transaction path.
- To track and profile transactions to multiple web sites on an IIS web server, you need to add a separate Microsoft IIS component in eG Enterprise for each web site to be monitored.