Monitoring Adobe ColdFusion Application Server
eG Enterprise provides an exclusive ColdFusion monitoring model that facilitates 24x7 monitoring of the ColdFusion server, and proactive alerting of probable problem conditions with the server. This model is shown in Figure 5.
Every layer of this hierarchical model is mapped to one/more tests that collectively enable administrators to determine the following:
- Is the ColdFusion server overloaded with requests?
- Are the applications hosted on ColdFusion able to obtain quick access to the database?
- Is there an unusual increase in the data traffic to and from the server?
- Is the server processing requests quickly, or is the request queue growing steadily?
- Is the server sending out timely responses for the requests, or is the responsiveness of the server too slow?
The sections to come discuss each of the top 2 layers of the above figure. The remaining layers have been dealt with extensively in the Monitoring Unix and Windows Servers document.