Monitoring the Alcatel Switch
eG Enterprise provides a specialized Alcatel Switch model to keep track of the internal health and external availability of the Alcatel switch.
Figure 1 : Layer model of the Alcatel Switch
This model connects to the SNMP MIB of the switch to collect a wide variety of metrics revealing the following:
- How is the I/O activity on the switch devices? Is it unusually high on any device?
- Do the switch devices use CPU and memory optimally, or is any device using these resources excessively?
- Have the chassis and the chassis management module (CMM) registered unusually high temperatures?
- Are the switch modules using the I/O, CPU, and memory resources available to it effectively? Is any module consuming resources excessively?
- Is any port on the switch unavailable currently?
- Is any port utilizing the CPU, I/O, or memory resources excessively?