F5 BIG-IP Access Policy Manager (APM) is a secure, flexible, high-performance access management proxy solution that delivers unified global access control for your users, devices, applications, and application programming interfaces (APIs). Through its single management interface, BIG-IP APM converges and consolidates remote, mobile, network, virtual desktops, and web access. With BIG-IP APM, you can create and enforce simple, dynamic, intelligent access policies. BIG-IP APM combines centralized network access control, federated identity, SSO, and adaptive authentication into a single flexible, scalable application delivery solution, simplifying and consolidating your access infrastructure. BIG-IP APM is available on hardware, in the cloud, or as a virtual appliance and provides access control wherever your applications live. APM offers:
- <![CDATA[ ]]>Identity Federation and SSO - Creates a single point of policy-based access for cloud and on-premises/private applications with MFA support.
- Client and Web-based SSL VPN Access - Policy-based access to network VPN service through web-plugins or clients on mobile and desktop operating systems.
- <![CDATA[ ]]>Web Portal Access to Applications - Open web applications to users instead of opening up your network. Great for contractors and remote workers who don't need full VPN tunnels.
- Desktop Application and VDI Support - Policy-based access to virtualized applications through a single, consolidated gateway along with native VDI support and a customizable, web portal.
- <![CDATA[ ]]>Access Policy Deployment and Management Solutions - Using the visual policy editor, administrators create highly customizable security polices allowing granular control over application and network access.
- Secure Web Gateway Proxy Services - Provides web-based malware protection and URL filtering through Secure Web Gateway Services.
With the above-mentioned features, the BIG-IP APM offers you with seamless user access to web applications in a highly available and heterogeneous environment, which in turn improves business continuity and boosts user productivity for your organization. Since it plays a critical role in application delivery infrastructures, even a slight slippage in the performance of the APM can adversely impact the critical application delivery, thereby resulting in poor user experience and considerable revenue loss. In order to prevent such adversities, it is imperative that BIG-IP APM are continuously monitored. This where eG Enterprise helps administrators!