Blue Coat ProxySG appliance securely isolates general-purpose servers from direct access, acting as an intermediary between web applications and the external clients who attempt to access them. To ensure clients uninterrupted access to critical web applications, eG Enterprise offers a dedicated Bluecoat ProxySG monitoring model (Figure 3) to serve complete monitoring support to the Bluecoat ProxySG appliance. To pull out the key performance metrics, this model enables running variety of tests, that are mapped to different layers, on the appliance. The metrics reported by these tests enable administrators to instantly find out the answers for the following performance quiries:
- How well the CPU is utilized on the appliance?
- What is the current state of each fan sensor and the speed of each fan?
- How well the memory of each memory module is utilized?
- What is the current state of each voltage sensor available in the modules of the target ProxySG?
- How well the resources are utilized?
- What is the current operational status of each fan?