Monitoring Brocade FastIron Switch
eG Enterprise embeds a specialized Brocade FastIron Switch monitoring model (see Figure 1), which enables users to run periodic status checks on the hardware components at the heart of the Brocade FastIron Switch, and reports problems (if any) with those components.
Figure 1 : The layer model of the Brocade FastIron Switch
Every layer in the monitoring model is mapped to variety of tests which connect to the SNMP MIB of the target switch and report critical statistics pertaining to its performance. Using the measures reported by the tests help administrators to find out answers for the following queries:
- Is there CPU resource contention ?
- What is the current operational status of each fan?
- How well the memory of allocated to the target switch is utilized?
- What is the current operational state of the power supply units?
- What is the current temperature of the target switch?