Monitoring the Citrix App Layering Manager
eG Enterprise offers a specialized Citrix App Layering Manager monitoring model, which periodically monitors the layers managed by the target Citrix App Layering Manager appliance and proactively alerts administrators to potential performance troubles.
Each layer of the Figure 1 is mapped to a variety of tests that provide valuable insights into the performance of the target Citrix App Layering Manager. With the help of the metrics reported by these tests, you can find quick and accurate answers for the following queries:
- What is the responsiveness of the target Citrix App Layering Manager appliance?
- What is the current status of each App Layer/OS Layer/Platform Layer?
- Is Allow OS Layer Switching enabled for any App Layer?
- How many images/collections/desktops are currently using each App Layer?
- What is the maximum size set for each APP/OS/Platform Layer?
- Is any App Layering Service stopped running? if so, is it because of inadequate space allocation on the local storage?
- How well the local storage is utilized by each App Layering Service?
- Is any layered image not publishable?
- What is the size of each image on the virtual disk?
- How many App Layers are attached to each image?
- What is the hit ratio of Packaging cache enabled on each connector?
- How many times that the target appliance has not found disk in the Packaging cache of each connector?
The documentation of this monitoring model will focus on the top 4 layers of Figure 1 in detail.