Monitoring the Citrix Federated Authentication Server
eG Enterprise provides a specialized monitoring model for the Citrix Federated Authentication Server.
Figure 5 : Layer model of the Citrix Federated Authentication Server
Each layer of this model is associated with tests that report on a wide variety of KPIs related to the CFAS. Using the metrics so reported, administrators can find quick and accurate answers for the following performance queries:
- Is the Citrix FAS server available over the network? If so, is it responding well to network requests?
- Has any authorization certificate expired?
- Can any user certificate be used as an in-session smart card?
- Has any user certificate expired? If so, which one?
- Is any Certificate Authority (CA) inaccessible?
- Is any FAS server in maintenance mode? If so, which one?
- How much time is the Citrix FAS server taking to process certificate signing requests? Is there a processing bottleneck on the server?
- How is the request load on the server - high? medium? or low?
Since the bottom five layers are already discussed in the Monitoring Unix and Windows Servers document, we will be taking only the Citrix Federated Authentication Service layer up for discussion.