How to Monitor Citrix NetScaler LB Using eG Enterprise?
eG Enterprise is capable of monitoring the NetScaler LB using a eG external agent that is deployed on any remote host. The external eG agent periodically polls the SNMP MIB of the NetScaler LB to collect the metrics pertaining to its the performance. The key pre-requisite for monitoring the storage device therefore, is to enable SNMP-enable the NetScaler LB.
Managing the Citrix NetScaler LB
The eG Enterprise cannot automatically discover the NetScaler LB. This implies that you need to manually add the component for monitoring. remember that the components added manually will be manage automatically. To add a NetScaler LB component, do the following:
- Log into the eG administrative interface.
- Follow the Components -> Add/Modify menu sequence in the Infrastructure tile of the Admin menu.
In the COMPONENT page that appears next, select NetScaler LB as the Component type. Then, click the Add New Component button. This will invoke Figure 1.
- Specify the Host IP/Name and the Nick name of theNetScaler LB in . Since the NetScaler LB is monitored using the external agent, choose the agent from the External agents list box.
- Finally, click the Add button to add the NetScaler LB for monitoring.
When you attempt to sign out, a list of unconfigured tests will appear as shown in Figure 2.
- To know how to configure parameters, refer to Monitoring Citrix NetScaler LB chapter.
- Finally, click the Signout button at the right, top corner of the eG admin interface to sign out.