How to Monitor Citrix NetScaler VPX/MPX Using eG Enterprise?
eG Enterprise can monitor the Citrix NetScaler VPX/MPX appliance in an agentless manner only. All that is required for this is an eG agent deployed on any remote Windows host. This agent collects performance metrics by invoking NITRO (NetScaler Interface Through Restful interfaces and Objects) APIs on the target NetScaler appliance. Typically, the NITRO APIs can be invoked through the HTTP or the HTTPS mode.
To start NetScaler monitoring, manage the Netscaler component using the eG administrative interface and configure the tests to enable the eG agent to use the NITRO commands to fetch measures. The procedure for achieving this has been discussed in the following section.
Managing the Citrix NetScaler VPX/MPX Appliance
To manage the eG Manager to monitor the Citrix NetScaler VPX/MPX, do the following:
- Log into the eG administrative interface.
eG Enterprise cannot automatically discover the Citrix NetScaler VPX/MPX server. You need to manually add the server using the COMPONENTS page (see Figure 1) that appears when the Infrastructure -> Components -> Add/Modify menu sequence is followed. Remember that components manually added are managed automatically.
- Specify the Host IP/Name and the Nick name for the Citrix NetScaler VPX/MPX appliance.
- Since the appliance can be monitored only in an agentless manner, the Agentless flag will be switched on by default (see Figure 1).
- Select Other from the OS and Mode drop-down lists.
- Pick the Remote agent that will monitor the appliance. Similarly, select the External agent that will report the network availability and responsiveness of the appliance.
- Finally, click the Add button to add the appliance for monitoring.
Next, try to sign out, a list of unconfigured tests appears as shown in Figure 2.
- Click on the Application Firewall Violations test in Figure 2 to configure it. To know how to configure the test, click here.
- Once all the tests are configured, signout of the eG administrative interface.