Citrix XA Receivers Test
If a user complains of slowness when accessing applications/dekstops launched on a Citrix server, administrators may instantly want to know which type of client device that user is connecting from – is it a mobile phone? a laptop? a tablet? what is its IP address? what is its version? This knowledge will ease the troubleshooting pains of administrators as it will clearly indicate if the slowdown occurred owing to the usage of an unsupported or an outdated device. To obtain this knowledge, administrators can use the Citrix XA Receivers test. With the help of this test, administrators can identify the client devices that are connecting via Citrix Workspace App, determine which user is logging into the Citrix environment using which device, and in the process, figure out if any device-related issues are contributing to a user’s unsatisfactory experience with Citrix.
Target of the test : Any Citrix server
Agent deploying the test : An internal agent
Outputs of the test :One set of results for every client type/client version auto-discovered
Configurable parameters for the test
- TEST PERIOD – How often should the test be executed
- Host – The host for which the test is to be configured
- Port – Refers to the port used by the Citrix server.
domain name, domain user, domain password, and confirm password – A Citrix Virtual Apps server (v6.5) can run in the controller mode or the worker mode. In the controller mode, the Virtual Apps server can perform all farm management tasks. However, in the worker mode, a Virtual Apps server can only host user session
By default, the domain name, domain user, domain password, and confirm password parameters are set to none. If the Virtual Apps server being monitored is the controller in a farm, then this default value will automatically apply. In other words, in this case, you can leave the values of these parameters as none. On the other hand, if the target Virtual Apps server is a worker in the farm, then first, you will have to configure the name of the domain in which the Virtual Apps server operates in the domain name text box. Then, you need to configure the test with the credentials of a user with Citrix Farm Administrator rights, using the domain user and domain password text boxes. Finally, you will have to confirm the domain password by retyping it in the confirm password text box.
If the Virtual Apps server is a worker in the farm, then, in addition to configuring the domain name, domain user, domain password parameters, the following pre-requisites should also be fulfilled for this test to report metrics:
- Make sure that the Citrix Virtual Apps Commands Remoting service is running in the Controller server.
- The port 2513 must be open on the Controller server in the farm.
- report by domain name – By default, this flag is set to Yes. This implies that by default, the detailed diagnosis of this test will display the domainname\username of each user who logged into the Citrix server. This way, administrators will be able to quickly determine which user logged in from which domain. If you want the detailed diagnosis to display the username alone, then set this flag to No.
- report by receiver type - By default, this flag is set to No. This implies that by default, this test will report one set of metrics for every client version. To make sure that the test reports metrics for each client type instead, set this flag to Yes.
DETAILED DIAGNOSIS - To make diagnosis more efficient and accurate, the eG Enterprise embeds an optional detailed diagnostic capability. With this capability, the eG agents can be configured to run detailed, more elaborate tests as and when specific problems are detected. To enable the detailed diagnosis capability of this test for a particular server, choose the On option. To disable the capability, click on the Off option.
The option to selectively enable/disable the detailed diagnosis capability will be available only if the following conditions are fulfilled:
- The eG manager license should allow the detailed diagnosis capability
- Both the normal and abnormal frequencies configured for the detailed diagnosis measures should not be 0.
Measurements made by the test
Users connected from this type:
Indicates the number of users who are currently connected to Citrix via devices of this type/version.
Use the detailed diagnosis of this measure to know which user connected via devices of a particular type/version.