Monitoring Citrix WEM Broker
eG Enterprise provides you with extensive monitoring capabilities for the Citrix WEM Broker. Every layer of the monitoring model is mapped to a wide variety of tests that the eG agent executes and extracts performance metrics from the target Citrix WEM Broker.
Figure 1 : The layer model of a Citrix WEM Broker
The metrics thus collected would be useful to figure out accurate answers to the following queries:
- Is the license server available?
- How well the license server is responding to connection requests?
- How many error events were generated and are logged in the event logs?
- How many information and warning messages were generated and logged in the event logs?
- How many critical and verbose messages were generated and logged in the event logs?
- Is the WEM database server available?
- What is the response time of the WEM database server?
- How many records were fetched from the WEM database server?
- Is the query executed by the database server successful or not?
- Is the database connection to the Citrix WEM Broker available?
The sections to come will discuss the WEM Server layer only, as the remaining layers have already been dealt with in the Monitoring Unix and Windows Servers document.