User Connections Test
This test reports the number of users who recently connected with the machines/applications in each delivery group configured in the broker site. Sudden spikes in user connections to a delivery group can thus be identified.
Target of the test : A Citrix Director 7.x
Agent deploying the test : An internal agent
Outputs of the test : One set of results for each delivery group configured in the XenDesktop broker site
Configurable parameters for the test
- Test period - How often should the test be executed
- Host - The host for which the test is to be configured.
- port – The port number at which the specified HOST listens to. By default, this is 80.
- controller ip address – Specify the IP address of the delivery controller (i.e., broker) in the site with which the eG agent should communicate for collecting performance metrics.
- controller port – Specify the port number of the delivery controller (i.e., broker) in the site with which the eG agent should communicate for collecting performance metrics.
- USERNAME and password – To connect to a delivery controller and pull out metrics from it, the eG agent requires Farm Administrator rights. In order to configure the eG agent with Farm Administrator privileges, specify the credentials of the Farm Administrator in the username and password text boxes.
- CONFIRM PASSWORD – Confirm the PASSWORD by retping it here.
- fully qualified DOMAIN name – Here, specify the fully-qualified name of the domain to which the specified controller belongs.
- ssl – Indicate whether/not the controller used for metrics collection is SSL-enabled. By default, this flag is set to Yes.
- report by machine type – If you want the results of this test to be grouped by machine type then set this flag to Yes. In this case therefore, the machine types (desktop or server OS machines) will be the primary descriptors of this test; expanding them will reveal the secondary descriptors – i.e., the delivery groups containing machines of each type. If you want the results of this test to be indexed only by the names of delivery groups, then set this flag to No.
- DD FREQUENCY - Refers to the frequency with which detailed diagnosis measures are to be generated for this test. The default is 1:1. This indicates that, by default, detailed measures will be generated every time this test runs, and also every time the test detects a problem. You can modify this frequency, if you so desire. Also, if you intend to disable the detailed diagnosis capability for this test, you can do so by specifying none against dd frequency.
DETAILED DIAGNOSIS - To make diagnosis more efficient and accurate, the eG Enterprise suite embeds an optional detailed diagnostic capability. With this capability, the eG agents can be configured to run detailed, more elaborate tests as and when specific problems are detected. To enable the detailed diagnosis capability of this test for a particular server, choose the On option. To disable the capability, click on the Off option.
The option to selectively enable/disable the detailed diagnosis capability will be available only if the following conditions are fulfilled:
- The eG manager license should allow the detailed diagnosis capability
- Both the normal and abnormal frequencies configured for the detailed diagnosis measures should not be 0.
Measurements made by the test
Indicates the number of new connections to this delivery group since the last measurement period.
Use the detailed diagnosis of this measure to view the details of each new connection.