How does eG Enterprise Monitor Coyote Point Equalizer load balancers?
The eG Enterprise is capable of monitoring the Coyote Point Equalizer in an agentless manner using the using SNMP. The eG external agent periodically checks the SNMP MIB of the Coyote Point Equalizer for fetching metrics related to the performance of the Coyote Point Equalizer load balancer.
Managing the Coyote Point Equalizer
The eG Enterprise cannot automatically discover a Coyote Point Equalizer so that you need to manually add the component for monitoring. To manage a Coyote Point Equalizer component, do the following:
- Log into the eG administrative interface.
- Follow the Components -> Add/Modify menu sequence in the Infrastructure tile of the Admin menu.
In the COMPONENT page that appears select Coyote Point Equalizer as the Component type. Then, click the Add New Component button. This will invoke Figure 1.
- Specify the Host IP/Name and Nick name of the Coyote Point Equalizer component to be monitored as shown in . Then, click Add button to register the changes.
When you attempt to sign out, a list of unconfigured tests appears.
Figure 2 : List of unconfigured tests to be configured for the Coyote Point Equalizer
- Click on the Equalizer Cluster Status test to configure it. To know how to configure the test, click here.
- Next, try to signout of the administrative interface. Now you will be prompted to configure the Equalizer Server Status test.
- Click on the Equalizer Server Status test to configure it. To know how to configure the test,
- Finally signout of the eG administrative interface.