Monitoring Cyberoam Firewall
eG Enterprise provides a specialized Cyberoam Firewall monitoring model (see Figure 1), which periodically polls the SNMP MIBs of the firewall to measure the connections, responsiveness, resource usage, service state and module licenses of the firewall, and notifies administrators of potential resource crunches or subscriptions issues with the firewall.
Using the metrics reported, administrators can find quick and accurate answers for the following performance questions:
- What is the current CPU utilization of the firewall?
- How well the memory of the firewall is utilized?
- What is the swap memory utilization on the firewall?
- What is the current state of the firewall services?
- How many hits were received by each protocol?
- What is the subscription status of the modules?
- How many anti-virus events were triggered during the last measurement period?
The Network layer of the Cyberoam Firewall model is similar to that of a Windows Generic server model.