eG Enterprise monitors the Dell EMC S-Series OS10 Switch using a single eG external agent on any remote host in the environment. This agent is capable of monitoring the performance of the switch in the following ways:
- By polling the SNMP MIB of the switch;
- By connecting to the switch via SSH and running CLI commands;
To enable the eG agent to use the aforesaid methodologies, a set of pre-requisites should be fulfilled. These requirements have been discussed in the following section.
To enable the eG agent to collect performance metrics from a Dell EMC S-Series OS10 Switch, the following pre-requisites should be fulfilled:
- TheDell EMC S-Series OS10 Switch should be SNMP-enabled.
- The eG agent should be able to access the target switch over the network.
- The eG agent should be able to communicate with the target switch via SSH. For this, specify the SSH port (default port: 22) in the test configuration page and ensure that the SSH port is opened on the firewall (if any) between the agent and the target switch.
- Configure the credentials of a user who can access the target switch via the SSH port and execute the CLI commands. This can be achieved when configuring the tests using the eG admin interface.
Once the above-said pre-requisites are fulfilled, manage the Dell EMC S-Series OS10 Switch component using eG administrative interface. The steps for achieving this are discussed in the Managing the Dell EMC S-Series OS10 Switch