How to Monitor Delta UPS using eG Enterprise?
eG Enterprise monitors the Delta UPS in an agentless manner. For this purpose, deploy an eG agent on any remote Windows host in the environment. This agent is capable of polling the SNMP MIB Of the Delta UPS at regular intervals and fetching critical measures related to its performance. To make the eG agent communicate with the Delta UPS and pullout performance metrics, ensure that the Delta UPS is SNMP-enabled before attempting to monitor.
Managing the Delta UPS
The eG Enterprise cannot automatically discover the Delta UPS. This implies that you need to manually add the component for monitoring. Remember that the eG Enterprise automatically manages the components that are added manually. To add a Delta UPS component, do the following:
- Log into the eG administrative interface.
- Follow the Components -> Add/Modify menu sequence in the Infrastructure tile of the Admin menu.
- Specify the Host IP/Name and Nick name of the Delta UPS component as shown in Figure 1. Then click on the Add button to register the changes.
When you attempt to sign out, a list of unconfigured tests appears (see Figure 2).
- Click on any test in the list of unconfigured tests. To know how to configure the tests, refer to Monitoring Delta UPS chapter.
- Once all the tests are configured, signout of the eG administrative interface.