How to Monitor Dlink DGS Switch Using eG Enterprise?
eG Enterprise monitors the Dlink DGS Switch using an eG external agent. This agent can be deployed on any remote host in the environment. This agent is capable of monitoring the performance of the switch by polling the SNMP-MIB of the switch at regular intervals. Ensure that the Dlink DGS Switch is SNMP-enabled before you start monitoring the target switch.
Managing the Dlink DGS Switch
eG Enterprise can automatically discover the Dlink DGS Switch, and also lets to manually add the component for monitoring using eG admin interface. To manage a Dlink DGS Switch component, do the following:
- Log into the eG admin interface.
- If the Dlink DGS Switch is already discovered, then directly proceed towards managing the broker using the COMPONENTS – MANAGE/UNMANAGE page.
However, if you are yet to discover the Dlink DGS Switch, then run discovery (Infrastructure -> Components -> Discover) or follow the Components -> Add/Modify menu sequence in the Infrastructure tile of the Admin menu to manually add the component using the Components page.
Click on the Add new Component button after choosing the Dlink DGS Switch from the Component Type drop down list in the Components page. This will lead you to the Add Component page (Figure 1). Remember that components manually added are managed automatically.
- Specify the Host IP/Name and the Nick name of the Dlink DGS Switch in Figure 1.
- Then, pick an external agent from the External agents list box and click the Add button to add the component for monitoring.
When you attempt to sign out, a list of unconfigured tests will appear as shown in Figure 2.
- To configure the tests, click on the CPU Utilization test in Figure 2. To know how to configure the test, refer to CPU Utilization Test.
- Once the tests are configured, signout of the eG admin interface.